Corsair Community

mine is slower

CallOfBooty

My Corsair Flash Voyager 8 gb writes at LESS than 6 mb/s maximum. Read speed is OK at 32 mb/s. I am very unhappy with my write speed, my previous drive (from a manufacturer i am allowed to menton due to the rules) writes at 15 mb/s, i bought this Corsair drive to replace my broken drive (mentioned before), thinking it will perform better due to the HIGHER price (and the good reviews), but much to my surprise and disappointment, it writes at less than half the speed.

I have read the SLC to MLC transition disclaimer, but under 6 mb/s write speed is completely unacceptable. I've recently tried two different drives from different manufacturers and they both write at 10 mb/s, which is great considering the price and no claims of extreme performance.

GO CORSAIR!

• Corsair Employee

Please test using HDBench (Available here: http://www.asktheramguy.com/v3/showthread.php?t=67837) and follow these steps to accurately test the write and read speed for your drive.

1. Do a full format with FAT32 on a Windows XP machine. (we have found that formatting the drive with Vista will give you slower transfer speeds)

2. Make sure you select the correct drive letter in the lower right hand corner of HDBench.

3. Make sure 100MB file size is selected

4. Click the "Computer Tower" icon on the bottom left of the screen to begin the benchmark.

Let me know the results!

• 2 weeks later...

i've done tests in the past and it resulted in 7 mb/s write and ~30 mb/s read

my corsair flash drive seems to lock up my windows explorer all the time, with the status LED constantly flashing

i formatted to NTFS now, and it's even worse with the lock ups, it locked up for more than 5 minutes before i can finally access it

with HDBench, i get 32271 kb/s read and 5183 kb/s read and 326 kb/s file copy

• 3 weeks later...

Hy!

I have the same problem like CallofBooty.

The read is all right 31401, but the write is wery low 4402 (random write is 1502).

But I have a bigger problem, the flashdirve heated up (I used it a lot that day) and the the inside comes out of the rubber coat.

The shop told me this is a physical damage and they wont change it for me.

I live in hungary, what could I do now?

I should drop in the trash my 1 mounth old flashdrive.

• 2 weeks later...
My Corsair Flash Voyager 8 gb writes at LESS than 6 mb/s maximum. Read speed is OK at 32 mb/s. I am very unhappy with my write speed, my previous drive (from a manufacturer i am allowed to menton due to the rules) writes at 15 mb/s, i bought this Corsair drive to replace my broken drive (mentioned before), thinking it will perform better due to the HIGHER price (and the good reviews), but much to my surprise and disappointment, it writes at less than half the speed.

I have read the SLC to MLC transition disclaimer, but under 6 mb/s write speed is completely unacceptable. I've recently tried two different drives from different manufacturers and they both write at 10 mb/s, which is great considering the price and no claims of extreme performance.

GO CORSAIR!

hi i noticed the same thing on mine, the write rate isn't that gd around 6.5mB/s and 27mB/s Read which is good. "Ram guy" is the write speeds correct on this usb drive ?

when i first got the drive i formatted it to NTFS (tried FAT32 but same speeds) via Windows 7

the transfer rates on small files is 2-3mB/s on files 1mb and under

what speeds do Corsair say this flash drive reaches?

HD Bench results

http://i34.tinypic.com/331eil3.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/2e1846v.jpg

Archived