Corsair Community

Commander Pro

kpeklund91

Quick question

Will the commander Pro function as a pwm controller?

To be more specific, I want to power my fans independently from the commander Pro and just hook up the RPM and PWM wires to the commander Pro terminals.

Supplying 12v from other sources(s) and was hoping the commander Pro will recognize just the RPM and PWM wires so I can still control the fans and monitor them. I know some hubs will but wanted to see if anyone knew if the commander Pro will since it has a lot of firmware quirks.

I have a strange feeling that it may not "see" a fan plugged in if the positive and negative leads are not "closed"

Anyone?

Thank you so much for the reply.

I really appreciate it.

I have fans that I keep running for an extended duration after shutdown and that is why I wanted to keep an uninterrupted supply of power to them, which is why I wanted to avoid plugging them into the commander Pro.

I thought for a minute I was going to have to rig up a relay that switches power from the commander Pro to an alternate source upon shutdown but I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who requires this!

Again, thank you.

Hmm... I can't say that I've tried this before. Normally, the Commander's firmware will continue to regulate fan speed after the program quits. When the Commander loses it's power at shutdown, I am not sure if it will leave the fan at the last known speed before power off or if it will revert to max speed like there is no PWM signal.

**I ran my water pump from a 2nd PSU at the wall while keeping the PWM/Tach wires on the Commander Pro. The pump kept it's last known speed (a fixed RPM) and did not revert to maximum as per it's protocol when no PWM signal is detected. That suggests what you want to do may work, but this was a simple test and a single instance.

Edited by c-attack