Corsair Community

PSU making an annoying kind of rattling noise

wopnoenoe

I'm having issues with my PC - there's a relatively quiet but annoying intermittent rattling sound coming from my PSU. I'm almost certain it's coming from the PSU because a) the videos I'll post below are loudest when the camera is right up against the PSU and b) I turned the PSU so that the fan faced up as opposed to facing down as it was before in an attempt to solve the issue, but this only made the sound louder than it was before. This has been happening for a few months now. I'm also not sure about RMA'ing because I'm working full time from home and need my PC.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame] (in this video the camera is right up against the PSU, the sound is most noticable at 1:18 and 1:44.)

Does anyone know what the problem is and what steps I need to be taking?

• Corsair Employee
I'm having issues with my PC - there's a relatively quiet but annoying intermittent rattling sound coming from my PSU. I'm almost certain it's coming from the PSU because a) the videos I'll post below are loudest when the camera is right up against the PSU and b) I turned the PSU so that the fan faced up as opposed to facing down as it was before in an attempt to solve the issue, but this only made the sound louder than it was before. This has been happening for a few months now. I'm also not sure about RMA'ing because I'm working full time from home and need my PC.

Does anyone know what the problem is and what steps I need to be taking?

What PSU is this?

Sounds like the fan blades are out of balance.

Can you push down on the hub of the impeller to see if it "clicks" down onto the spindle more securely?