Corsair Community

Corsair One - USB-C does it do DP ALT Mode?

tribiyani

Hi all,

I need some advice -

Have a i7-7700K, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 with the Z270 Mini-ITX motherboard.

I would like to take it to LAN parties and want to purchase a portable monitor for the unit.

The best connection I can think would be via the non-thunderbolt usb-c connection as this gives me access to the thinnest and lightest portable monitors on the market.

Does anyone know if the USB-C connection on my Corsair One is capable of video over USB-C? Any other advice consideration?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Hi tribiyani,

The USB C on the Corsair One doesn't have video out, so you won't see the boot up. If you're monitor has a driver that allows for video output over USB (like some docking stations), then you might be able to get display output. But it'll be running that driver and not the Nvidia driver that would be running the graphics card, so performance will be affected.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Hi tribiyani,

The USB C on the Corsair One doesn't have video out, so you won't see the boot up. If you're monitor has a driver that allows for video output over USB (like some docking stations), then you might be able to get display output. But it'll be running that driver and not the Nvidia driver that would be running the graphics card, so performance will be affected.

Hello,

Do the Type C and Type A USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports on my Corsair i160 with the Z370 mb have support video out? I have an ACER PM1 Type C USB portable monitor and it doesn't work when connected the Type C USB port on my machine.