Corsair Community

CUE Software causing lag when mouse is plugged in?

K70Mike

When I have the CUE software enabled and a mouse plugged in, my computer starts to lag when I drag objects around. This is most noticeable in Unity3D, a game development engine I work in. When I run my game in the editor and drag my in-game windows around, the window stutters as it moves across the screen, lagging for a half second or more at a time.

When I unplug my mouse and use my trackpad, the stuttering goes away. When I disable the CUE software, the stuttering goes away. But when i have a mouse (tested 3 different brands of mice) plugged in and the CUE software enabled the stuttering occurrs. Has anyone heard of an issue like this? Started a ticket, I got tech support stumped. Recreated it on a coworkers computer easily. These are beefed up laptops running Win8.1. Keyboard firmware and CUE software are up to date.

I have the exact problem with mine. I've found that if I use the USB 2.0 ports the problem is reduced, but it does not go away. It's a regularly timed stutter which is very noticeable if you move a window around the screen, it also seems to cause keys to double-type.

My system specs:

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V Premium

CPU: Intel 3770k (at stock)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance (16GB @ 2133Mhz)

GPU: Nvidia GTX680 x3

Keyboard: Vengeance K70 RGB (latest firmware and CUE version)

Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 7

Does it happen more in one program than it does in another?

Also, when trying to fix my issue I read some posts saying that enabling "Disable ctrl+alt breaking" fixed their lag issues. It didn't have any effect for me, but maybe worth trying for you.

• Corsair Employee
@K70 Mike: How are you connecting the keyboard and mice? Is it through USB 3.0? It sounds like the streaming of data to the device along with maintaining connection may be overwhelming the USB controller. Does reducing the polling on the keyboard help?

They are connected through USB 3.0. The lag occurs even when the keyboard is unplugged. It is a combination of Unity3D, CUE software, and having a mouse plugged in (tested multiple mice) that produces the lag.

Thanks James. I updated my system specs. It's a 2014 MacBook Pro with upgraded RAM, SSD, and is bootcamped so I can choose to run MacOS or Windows. I run Windows8.1Pro most of the time, only going to the MacOS to make builds for iOS devices.

Unity3D(v4.6.x) has a free version and the lag is very apparent when working in it with the CUE software running and a mouse plugged in.

Thanks for looking into this.

• Corsair Employee
Let me log this into our bug tracker. I don't have a macbook here in the office, and especially not one new enough similar to your setup. This way our devs can actually do a more in-depth detail since Im sure they have a few machines there.

Archived