Corsair Community

where are iCUE v3.4.95 patch notes?

DelBoyJamie

With the previous 3.3 version (my H110i, K70 Rapidfire and M65 Pro) ICUE was using 15% CPU usage at idle, minimized to system tray.

With 3.4.95 my CPU ICUE usage at idle is about .3% (that's point 3 of one percent) and my CPU is back to downclocking at idle as it should.

So far, looking good. Thanks Corsair

Anyone who has installed it.... does it fix the sluggish Color Wave and Visor animations?

yes it appears to fix it i just tried it no stutters, tried both across the keyboard and Polaris and st 100.

Did you mean across more than a few devices? I only have cue type peripherals to test at the moment, but I sort of think itll be fine

a couple nice bonuses:

- If you select view only selected effect, that seems to persist outside of cue. Not sure when that happened if it was this version or others.

- Also there appear to be new OSD features maybe? not sure which exactly.

- I think Text added a second action? Not sure that existed before. Also Macro record is now horizontal...still could be improved there.

BUG REMAINS: Rightmost pixel...seems to still be an issue. :/

BIGGEST Missing feature is still allowing users to switch the current profile without pressing a button! I wish someone could tell us how to do that, as I am sure it is pretty straightforward but Ive tried a few parameters, nothing seems to do it. FarCry 5 must be able to do it somehow. Not mentioned in the latest SDK documentation.

yes it appears to fix it i just tried it no stutters, tried both across the keyboard and Polaris and st 100.

Did you mean across more than a few devices? I only have cue type peripherals to test at the moment, but I sort of think itll be fine

It appeared to be a bigger issue on the fans, particularly the HD series where you could spot it a mile off. Sounds promising though.

a couple nice bonuses:

- If you select view only selected effect, that seems to persist outside of cue. Not sure when that happened if it was this version or others.

- I think Text added a second action? Not sure that existed before. Also Macro record is now horizontal...still could be improved there.

BIGGEST Missing feature is still allowing users to switch the current profile without pressing a button! I wish someone could tell us how to do that, as I am sure it is pretty straightforward but Ive tried a few parameters, nothing seems to do it. FarCry 5 must be able to do it somehow. Not mentioned in the latest SDK documentation.

You need to bind the profile to the exe that is running for auto profile switching to work. FarCry 5 is integrated into iCUE

Anyone who has installed it.... does it fix the sluggish Color Wave and Visor animations?

Its better but I believe they still want to tweek it a little.

Yes, the lighting does look like it’s back to normal. Sadly, the garbage motherboard readings that were the mainstay of Link have reappeared in iCUE for the first time. I’ve become used to a clean interface and don’t really want to go back to that.

*Ugh... 3 in app interface crashes in 45 minutes. Fans blasting for several seconds after profiles load. 1 step forward, 2 steps... Back to Link for a while.

I did have a higher CPU usage with 3.3.103, but not the extreme 15%+ some people had. However, the latest release is using a constant 5% or more, as opposed to 1% < with 3.2.87.

It is the same whether iCue is opened, or closed to the notification area.

Colour wave still looks crap! It's not smooth, it's blocky between each cycle. Visor still looks bad - very flickery!

Rainbow wave is still not synced, unlike on 3.2.87.

Back to v3.2.87 I go!

Also noticed that iCue is using 10% of my GPU.. what?

I did have a higher CPU usage with 3.3.103, but not the extreme 15%+ some people had. However, the latest release is using a constant 5% or more, as opposed to 1% < with 3.2.87.

It is the same whether iCue is opened, or closed to the notification area.

Colour wave still looks crap! It's not smooth, it's blocky between each cycle. Visor still looks bad - very flickery!

Rainbow wave is still not synced, unlike on 3.2.87.

Back to v3.2.87 I go!

Also noticed that iCue is using 10% of my GPU.. what?

icue is hardware accellerated.

icue is hardware accellerated.

Yes ... but, in more detail, the iCue user interface uses an OpenGL-based UI library for display. OpenGL will be handled by the GPU. Exactly how much it uses depends on the capabilities of your GPU and what screen you are on.

If, for some reason, your OpenGL drivers aren't there or your GPU isn't configured correctly, you'll get some really crazy stuff going on.

Yes ... but, in more detail, the iCue user interface uses an OpenGL-based UI library for display. OpenGL will be handled by the GPU. Exactly how much it uses depends on the capabilities of your GPU and what screen you are on.

If, for some reason, your OpenGL drivers aren't there or your GPU isn't configured correctly, you'll get some really crazy stuff going on.

Hrmm...Open GL, this implies it could have potential Linux portability :)

Granted I don't have a Linux work station at home. It is a cool idea, though would really be for a niche group.

Reverted back to 3.2.87 and the high GPU usage has gone - uses less than 1%

ps: if 3.4.95 is supposed to be the latest version, why did mine show this? (before I downgraded)

For some reason, they haven't pushed the update through the in app updater yet. I had to download it from corsair.com this morning.

For some reason, they haven't pushed the update through the in app updater yet. I had to download it from corsair.com this morning.

Ah I see. I've just downloaded it an installed it. First problem I see, is that fullscreen now covers ... the whole screen, but at least you can resize it.

GPU usage is still at 10% though. It makes no sense being that 3.2.87 uses less than 1%.

And to clarify, it is using the same percentage on all of the tabs.

I personally don't think it is good enough, so again, back to 3.2.87.

a couple nice bonuses:

does anyone know how to remove the new osd feature ?

Archived