Corsair Community

Scimitar RGB, initialisation and sensor issues.

Jowdan3006

So from the beginning...

I bought my Corsair Scimitar RGB from Amazon in September last year and was initially using it with my old pc. It was wonderful and really helped while playing mmo's. Only problem at the time was occasionally upon booting up pc I would get an initialisation error in cue and my mouse would not work, no lights, no nothing. Sometimes a simple re-plugging sorted it out other times a pc restart, minor annoyances that I dealt with which I assumed at the time was either a software issue or my old pc.

Now a few months later I decided to get a new pc. With it all setup I tested the mouse and I would still occasionally get the initialisation error. Now, after a few months of dealing with it, through playing around during a time it errored I found that by changing the polling rate it would re-initialise and fix itself. However the mouse since about a month ago has had a 50/50 chance of starting up correctly and now I'm getting a new error. Cue will now detect the mouse but the sensor will not work, however the side buttons do. No amount of re-plugging, changing of settings or reinstalling fixes this. Only thing I can do is restart and 50/50 it'll work again.

So, advice? There a fix? Send it back? Can I even send it back after 7 months?

Archived