The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2017, 11:44 PM
Anime Fanatic
TwinShadow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 907905
TwinShadow Reputation: 10
Default Profiles No Longer Show

So I was playing a game and a mod for it crashed my game and I had to hard reset my desktop so I can remove the offending mod from my game and get it to work again. But at the same time, I noticed that my keyboard was using a profile for one of my games due to the lighting it had and not my default Windows profile. I found this odd so I take a look on the CUE program to find that all but 2 of my profiles were just gone for no reason at all. I do a bit of digging around, restart the program, even updated it to the latest version and it still doesn't bring my profiles back.

Now, they exist. I see them in the folder which I'll link for that purpose.

My keyboard is a K70 RGB LUX. Here's what it looks like in my CUE:

I'm at a loss right now because I'm not going to waste my time trying to do my profiles again like I had to when I originally upgraded from V1 to V2 of the CUE. If there's some way I can get my profiles back, that'd be great. If not, well guess I'm SOL and I just won't bother anymore with trying to do them again.

Old 06-18-2017, 06:01 PM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 908606
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄

It's worth redoing your profiles, and then EXPORT them to a file, so that when the bug rears its ugly head and your profiles vanish, you can simply IMPORT them again.

I feel your pain, as I have observed this bug myself, and many people have posted about it in other threads in this forum. Hopefully somebody will be able to upload logs matching a reproducible test case so that Corsair can slay this once and for all, but in the meantime, backups are our friend.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:54 PM
Anime Fanatic
TwinShadow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 909416

Then I guess I won't bother re-doing all my profiles again. Not worth the effort to do so when I originally had about 20 different profiles and I never got around to even doing 5 of them in the new system. Guess if I want, I could just go back to the old CUE and just not bother with the new one. I still have those profiles and they would work just fine.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:29 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 909556
Corsair James Reputation: 75

We fixed an issue related to missing folders and profiles in v2.15. This will be released next week but if anyone needs a beta, you can PM me for it.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 07-15-2017, 11:20 AM
Anime Fanatic
TwinShadow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 911769

I'm late due to other things happening. I tried v2.15, still no go. The program is simply not picking up the other profiles I have made.