Corsair Community

MP600 not seen in BIOS or Windows Installer

frival

I have a new build with an Asus X570-E board and a MP600 1TB that I just can't get either the BIOS or Windows installer to see - both think the only drive I have is the Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD. I've tried a series of debugging steps but the result every time is the same. So far I've tried:

• Both M.2 slots

• With and without the MB heat sink

• Upgraded to the latest (1405) BIOS

• Enabling various settings with CSM on

• Disabling CSM

I triple checked and the MP600 is on the QVL for this board so it "should" just work. I'm beginning to think I just got a dud drive?

I have the exact same issue with my MSI x570 board. Luckily, Amazon.com is really good with quick exchanges, so I'm swapping my MP600 1TB out with a replacement as a first troubleshooting step.

I was more concerned with my 2 x 32GB 3200Mhz RAM or CPU or GPU not being recognized...these SSDs are supposed to be pretty bulletproof.

The only thing that I could see as a crazy gotcha is that I am using a much older GPU...so when I disable CSM, the system won't allow it because it needs it for the old video card. Is there a change that the 1TB MP600 won't be recognized if CSM is running??

• 1 month later...
I have also msi x570 Ace with Corsair mp600 in first M2 slot. During installation od windows 10 it crush and after reboot M2 disk is not visible in bios. How you fixed it? Motherboard replacement or ssd ? What's going on, its my 1 day old pc and i cant event install windows ...Thanks

• 1 month later...
My board is X570M Pro, and the MP600 is readily discovered in ASRock BIOS and I can format the drive with the NVME sanitizer tool. Windows does not see the drive, either in Device Manager or Disk Management. There are no events in the Event Log. OS is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, version 1909 and it's up to date. I installed the MP600 in M2_1 and M2_2 and the end result was the same. I had a Samsung Evo NVME in M2_1 and it was fine. I think ASRock didn't do due diligence in vetting the hardware. I have a ticket open with Corsair also, but have not heard from anyone yet.