Corsair Community

Accelerator Series 60 GB - Not doing anything?

My SSD dosent seem to be speeding anything on my PC up. I bought one as my brother in law purchased one for his alienware laptop and highly reccomended it to me. His boot time went from 1:25 to 0:14. I have had my 60GB (His is 45) installed for about 4 weeks now and so far my boot time has only gone from 1:45 to 1:20. My brothers laptop boots and shows that it is using "RAID" (Never covered raid in my IT course in college so i have no idea what that is)Do i need to set my BIOS to enable RAID. Would that make a difference? The dataplex software says the drive is O.K:

Status - Enabled!

Target frive - Boot drive (233.7 Gb)

Cahce Drive Corsair SSD ATA drive (55.90GB)

Do i have to set it to enable RAID?

Thanks for your help.

I just bought it last night. The installation of Dataplex hangs at serial number validation. It just keeps asking me to ensure I have a reliable internet connection, which i have. I can't get past this point. I have registered the product with the id # from the back of the drive.

-Should I be trying to install dataplex without an active firewall/antivirus?

-I have Seagate barracuda 1tb in SATA1

Accelerator in SATA2

Caviar 500 gb in SATA3

Caviar 350 gb in SATA4

CD/DVD in SATA5

also, another question: If I ever get it it to work and it becomes a hybrid type drive with my Barracuda HDD, will I still be able to run scheduled defragmentation on the HDD or will that affect the cache SSD also? Should I stop defragmenting the new combo alltogether?

I am pretty stressed out by this right now..

I was reading the previous poster's issue above, do the SATA connections matter, as in, where I plug in my ribbons? I also had them all over the place before and all was working perfectly...

thanks for your time.

I have win 7 64 bit, installing with only master C drive (with OS on it) connected. No other drives have OSs on them, just pure storage. C: drive is the main one I use with all apps and games.

I disabled the firewall and was able to connect and download.!! :)

Thanks for your reply, but now my main concern is defragging. I use Tune Up utilities which is always running in the background and regularly defrags C drive. Should I stop it from doing that since now it may try to defrag a hybrid -type drive and mess up my cached files???

Thanks

Just logging back on to say...

this is just amazing. got it all up and running, after 3rd reboot window screen blinks and system is up. Shaved 52 seconds from old boot time on my 3rd, I say 3rd!!! reboot.

I am still a little concerned about scheduled defrags. Will defrag utilities just leave the SSD side of the equation alone? They don't even know the SSD is in there but when the HDD is defragged, will some data that has been cached "not recognize it's way back home" so-to-speak??

I have win 7 64 bit, installing with only master C drive (with OS on it) connected. No other drives have OSs on them, just pure storage. C: drive is the main one I use with all apps and games.

I disabled the firewall and was able to connect and download.!! :)

Thanks for your reply, but now my main concern is defragging. I use Tune Up utilities which is always running in the background and regularly defrags C drive. Should I stop it from doing that since now it may try to defrag a hybrid -type drive and mess up my cached files???

Thanks

defrag is fine , hibernation / sleep is not so reliable .

I am still unsure about one thing, hybernation/sleep/defrag aside. If a cache SSd with cache'd files on it craps out, like the user above, wouldn't those files still be accessible from the "mother" HDD? I mean, that's where they originate from, they must still be there no matter what. Or does "caching" of files require them to leave C: drive or get modified somehow beyond recovery?

• Corsair Employee
The data that is On the HDD is used as reference and all data that the O.S. or system needs is copied to the Accelerator drive and any data that is modified is updated back the main HDD periodically so the reference data (Spinning HDD) is only accessed if the requested application is not already residing on the cache drive or if there is updated information that need to be changed. However, all of this is done behind the scene so for all intensive purpose you will not see our Accelerator drive even listed.

Archived