The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-29-2016, 08:55 AM
IT Nerd
Kopo942's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833871
Kopo942 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Contact our support and if your mouse can do it consistently, we'd like to see it. We can give you a replacement as well.

I still have yet to get a mouse back that can do it 10/10 times. In fact, I still have yet to see it 1/10 times despite everything I do. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to determine the cause of the problem if there's no way to actually see the problem.
I tested the mouse on a laptop without CUE just before writing this message, and it still does it (although it can take anywhere from 10 seconds for it to do it again). Will I get free postage if I RMA it? (When I RMA'd my h100i GTX the CS guy said that the free postage was a "one-time special offer" and they'll not do it again.)

Old 02-02-2016, 08:32 PM

POST ID # = 834678
agallor6 Reputation: 10

Just picked up my own m65 RGB from best buy today. I'm also using a Corsair Strafe Silent. Plugged in my m65 and after a minute or two of use my RGB lighting shuts off and will not come back on unless I unplug the mouse. I have tried USB 2.0, 3.0, and even plugging it into my USB pass through on the Strafe keyboard. Tried the forced Firmware updated did not fix the issue. Tried messing with the USB settings and nothing has worked. Mind you I brought this mouse only a few hours ago. Quick google search and I ended up here. The rest of my mouse functions are working properly. Which leads me to believe its a software issues. Do I have to already return this mouse?

Old 02-05-2016, 01:52 PM
IT Nerd
Kopo942's PC Specs

POST ID # = 835159

Going to bump this up again, Henry and James, if you're reading this, check my post above. Thanks.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:59 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 835160
Corsair Henry Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopo942 View Post
I tested the mouse on a laptop without CUE just before writing this message, and it still does it (although it can take anywhere from 10 seconds for it to do it again). Will I get free postage if I RMA it? (When I RMA'd my h100i GTX the CS guy said that the free postage was a "one-time special offer" and they'll not do it again.)
Hello Kopo942,

Go ahead and reference this post and we will take care of shipping for you. Since James is not able to replicate this on his end, the best course of action for now it to replace the unit. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Old 02-06-2016, 03:53 PM
mbonadio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 835358
mbonadio Reputation: 10

Same problem here with my new M65 RGB. Tried this mouse and the Sabre Optical - liked this one better and returned the Sabre. Now I have the "lights out" problem same as many others.

Running latest 1.19 firmware on the M65 and latest version of CUE on my Windows 10 64bit OS...

Mouse is great - lights out issue is annoying as I like the light for DPI. Unplugging and replacing USB connector fixes it for a while. Then eventually it goes out...

I just changed polling rate and forced new flash (came with 1.19 factory) just for kicks. Waiting..... watching....

Old 02-07-2016, 02:15 PM

POST ID # = 835521
LudumGames Reputation: 10

I tried contacting corsair support and they sent me a second firmware .bin, I flashed it onto my mouse and it didn't fix anything. I have figured out that the lights turn off occasionally right when I pick the mouse up and almost every time when I move it around very quickly.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:43 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 835527
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudumGames View Post
I tried contacting corsair support and they sent me a second firmware .bin, I flashed it onto my mouse and it didn't fix anything. I have figured out that the lights turn off occasionally right when I pick the mouse up and almost every time when I move it around very quickly.
Have you tried it on another computer?
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 02-09-2016, 10:31 PM
mbonadio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 836168

So polling rate doesn't help... Light seems to go out often after resuming from sleep mode.... I've noticed that - also does it a lot when changing profiles. A simple replugging fixes it but geez what a pain. I might return it. I'm trying to like Corsair and I love the mouse - but what good is an RGB mouse without the RGB! :-)

Old 02-19-2016, 04:06 PM
IT Nerd
Kopo942's PC Specs

POST ID # = 838024

My mouse has been delivered to you today, hope you get the problem solved :). P.S: The new one doesn't have the problem :D

Old 02-19-2016, 05:09 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 838034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopo942 View Post
My mouse has been delivered to you today, hope you get the problem solved :). P.S: The new one doesn't have the problem :D
Good to know! Thanks for the follow up.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:01 PM
negativedan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 838104
negativedan Reputation: 10

Hello, I posted in this thread awhile ago with the same problem (pg 5) and am still experiencing this issue :(. I tried all the suggestions posted, usb and power settings, polling rate, etc. but nothing seems to resolve it. I can say that this seemingly only occurs when the mouse is in use and more specifically after being lifted. I was able to make it happen twice (had to replug usb for the second try) within a few minutes just by continually lifting and clicking around, no programs at all, not even cue running. I have also tried leaving it untouched and the lights stayed on for the few hours I left it idle. My PC specs are detailed in my profile.

I don't mind holding out if there is a glimmer of hope of this being fixed but if not I wouldn't mind trying an RMA either since it seemed to work for Kopo. I do have a mouse with the OLD sails logo though, and I don't know if it's possible to replace that since I don't see it on the site anymore.

Old 02-20-2016, 04:54 PM
IT Nerd
Kopo942's PC Specs

POST ID # = 838194

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativedan View Post
I don't mind holding out if there is a glimmer of hope of this being fixed but if not I wouldn't mind trying an RMA either since it seemed to work for Kopo. I do have a mouse with the OLD sails logo though, and I don't know if it's possible to replace that since I don't see it on the site anymore.
If it's still under warranty, you can RMA it. I don't think the logo really matters, if it's not in stock anymore they'll probably just give you one with the new logo. :P

Old 02-24-2016, 07:58 PM
mbonadio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 839021

Opened a ticket for an RMA and hopefully a new mouse solves this. I can reproduce easily within 5 minutes of plugging in every time. Sometimes just by lifting (see my video example in another thread) and often just through normal use in a game or browsing Internet, etc.

Have tried different USB ports, and everything I have read here and nothing improves it. My other computers are all Mac so I can't really test on anothe roc unfortunately so i can't help troubleshoot a specific chipset or OS etc.

Old 02-25-2016, 05:25 PM
mbonadio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 839222

Waited over 2 days for a response to my Corsair ticket. Was told to uninstall CUE and run CCleaner. What a joke especially since I outlined this clearly on the ticket about all the things I have done and tried over the past 2-3 weeks.

Should I pack up all my Corsair mouse, keyboard, and headphones and send it all back to Amazon today? I don't have time for this. I asked for a simple RMA and waited 4 days for more delays. If this is the terrible service I get from a simple lights out issue, then I can't imagine what a real problem would result in. Not happy. Razor keyboards, mice, and headphones don't have this problem. Feel that I should have bought that in the first place.

Sorry ranting yes, but I expected more out of a $300 investment in keyboard, mouse, and headphones.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:38 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 839255

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonadio View Post
Waited over 2 days for a response to my Corsair ticket. Was told to uninstall CUE and run CCleaner. What a joke especially since I outlined this clearly on the ticket about all the things I have done and tried over the past 2-3 weeks.

Should I pack up all my Corsair mouse, keyboard, and headphones and send it all back to Amazon today? I don't have time for this. I asked for a simple RMA and waited 4 days for more delays. If this is the terrible service I get from a simple lights out issue, then I can't imagine what a real problem would result in. Not happy. Razor keyboards, mice, and headphones don't have this problem. Feel that I should have bought that in the first place.

Sorry ranting yes, but I expected more out of a $300 investment in keyboard, mouse, and headphones.
PM me your RMA number and I will personally take care of this.

Tags
led failure, m65