Corsair Community

Corsair Force GS 360GB FW 5.24

Frank28

OK after serious issues with the Corsair Force GS 360GB Fw5.20, I was happy to see a new firmware v5.24. i installed it without issues, the drive doesn't seem to freeze at start up anymore however, the speed does suffer quite a bit the read and write speeds became even lower "not as advertised". Corsair there's still an issue here!

After further testing. The drive is still acting up. I've done a secure erase, with no luck. I tried secure erase then re-installing win 8.1 pro still acting up. I've also tried it with and without intel rapid storage technology with no luck. Corsair there's definitely an issue with the drive or firmware!

Yes, The speeds on the drive are very inconsistent. I've seen the rated speed only about 4 times (regardless if the OS is on it or not) the drive seems to max out at ~520 read and ~500 write and is very inconsistent (sometimes its very low (490 and other times its in the 520 range). this drive is rated 555 read and 530 write. I've tried/checked everything I can think of to try to get the speeds up on this drive and no go. Bios is up to date, Intel driver up to date, tried different SATA 6g cables and ports, I also tried my Marvell controller (with even worse results), tried doing a secure erase, tried reinstalling windows 8.1 pro, updated SSD firmware to 5.24 (since I had the same issues from the get go with 5.20 speed and freezing at start up). Not sure what to do anymore with this less than 1 month old drive.

Salut , hi

je suis desoler je parle tres mal anglais

je suis Français

pour ce firmware 5.24 je suis desoler mais moi j'ai aucune baisse de performance de mon SSD force 3 GS 180Go

le probleme de reboot ou le ssd était pas detecter est resolue

j'ai rebooter +5 fois et aucun probleme

j'ai fais des teste ssd avec crystaldiskmark 3.0.2 x64

avec le drivers intel RST_12.8.6.1000 = meme performance test ok

avec le drivers intel intel_rst_12.9.0.1001 avec crystaldiskmark 3.0.2 x64 =

meme performance et aucun probleme

donc pour moi ce firmware 5.24 résolue le bug reboot du 5.20

@+

:laughing:

Yes, The speeds on the drive are very inconsistent. I've seen the rated speed only about 4 times (regardless if the OS is on it or not) the drive seems to max out at ~520 read and ~500 write and is very inconsistent (sometimes its very low (490 and other times its in the 520 range). this drive is rated 555 read and 530 write. I've tried/checked everything I can think of to try to get the speeds up on this drive and no go. Bios is up to date, Intel driver up to date, tried different SATA 6g cables and ports, I also tried my Marvell controller (with even worse results), tried doing a secure erase, tried reinstalling windows 8.1 pro, updated SSD firmware to 5.24 (since I had the same issues from the get go with 5.20 speed and freezing at start up). Not sure what to do anymore with this less than 1 month old drive.

NEVER use a Marvell controller if you don't have to.

Also, the variance you are talking about is less than 1%. Your drive is fine.

Salut , hi

je suis desoler je parle tres mal anglais

je suis Français

pour ce firmware 5.24 je suis desoler mais moi j'ai aucune baisse de performance de mon SSD force 3 GS 180Go

le probleme de reboot ou le ssd était pas detecter est resolue

j'ai rebooter +5 fois et aucun probleme

j'ai fais des teste ssd avec crystaldiskmark 3.0.2 x64

avec le drivers intel RST_12.8.6.1000 = meme performance test ok

avec le drivers intel intel_rst_12.9.0.1001 avec crystaldiskmark 3.0.2 x64 =

meme performance et aucun probleme

donc pour moi ce firmware 5.24 résolue le bug reboot du 5.20

@+

:laughing:

Avez vous essaye les test avec ATTO? c'est le programme que Corsair utilise pour demontrer les performances de leur SSD (http://www.attotech.com/disk-benchmark/) Les autres donne des des resultats inconforme. votre ssd devrait obtenir ou depasser ses spec en utilisant ATTO car c'est de se programme dont corsair se base.

Yes, The speeds on the drive are very inconsistent. I've seen the rated speed only about 4 times (regardless if the OS is on it or not) the drive seems to max out at ~520 read and ~500 write and is very inconsistent (sometimes its very low (490 and other times its in the 520 range). this drive is rated 555 read and 530 write.

I was going by the original numbers you posted. NO drive is going to benchmark perfectly every time. There are many factors that can change your scores from one run to the next. Repeatedly benchmarking a drive serves no useful purpose. And, it can all change again the next time there is an Intel drive update or a controller update in your BIOS.

If it's stable, enjoy it.

salut frank28

non desoler j'ai pas confiance au teste atto

j'ai confiance que a crystaldiskmark

j'utilise ce logiciel depuis le debut de mes ssd

http://img98.xooimage.com/files/a/5/0/ssd-force3-gs-z68-intel06-431af28.jpg

mefier vous le 4k qd32 varie souvent sans raison

quelque sois le drivers et firmware

et sur un autre teste dans quelque jours il bas de record

Stromwin, pour le Force GS tes numeros devrait etre 555 read 530 write votre crystal disk mark indique seulement 509 et 505. vous avez une difference de 40 a 50 mo/s. un de mes ami a un vieux force 3 et il vois des numeros plus eleve que mon nouveau force gs. j'ai essaye mon force gs sur son ordinateur avec des numeros innacceptable. Alors cela me dit que c'est le force gs qui a un problem selon firmware ou hardware. un fil sata mal brancher je le crois pas car son ordinater aurait montrer des meilleures resultats

il était comme ca déjà avant le firmware 5.24

ca viens pas du firmware 5.24

cetait comme ca avec le 5.20

et ce sont des chiffre surt le papier

meme mon vertex III ou vector atteigner pas précisément les chiffres indiquer sur le papier

ca depent aussi de la carte mere

et du ssd

ici vous métez en cause le firmware 5.24

je suis pas d'accord avec vous

car meme avant j'avais les meme stat

mais les stat varie aussi

ce firmwarea resolue le bug de reboot

mais a pas baisser mais performance de debut et d'avant

et meme avec votre logiciel atto je suis a 545Mo

alors pour 5mo on vas pas chipoter

Je mais pas la cause sur le firmware 5.24. Mon problem de vitesse etait pauvre du debut avec 5.20 mais avec le bug de reboot. Le problem de reboot est resolue avec 5.24 mais la vitesse n'est pas amélioré. Elle est encore plus lante qu'avant.

bas oui mais ces déjà pas mal

ce firmware 5.24 est concus uniquement pour les force gs

pour résoudre le bug de reboot

tout les ssd que j'ai ue allais a cete vitesse mais depassais jamais les 525mo

mon ssd neutron ^pour ma partition de jeux lui meme est au lalentour de 480

mais la vitesse du neutron a été annonce plus bas en ecriture je crois

So after returning my original force GS I received my replacement and I ran benchmarks. throughout the driver install process and I have to say this drive is a lot better especially the write speeds.

http://s23.postimg.org/rch9k4rez/before_update.jpghttp://s14.postimg.org/o0mi931n5/after_update.jpg

http://s24.postimg.org/owkgfjasl/after_update_and_restart.jpghttp://s8.postimg.org/asz0sdxet/After_RST.jpg

• 2 months later...

Yellowbeard,

I have the same problem with the force gs 360gb drive disappearing on restart. It has firmware 5.20 and I have tried to update 5.24 with the toolbox and it says it can't be downloaded. I have tried to update it with the standalone updater and it won't work there either. I have tried it in 3 different computers, all of which have a corsair ssd already installed. I have also tried to secure erase it and it won't. I have also tried to clone it with the toolbox. It finds the 115gb ssd and it has the 360gb drive in the dropdown box but the start button is blacked out. This is the 3rd drive of this exact model that has been defective when I received it. I have had to return them to Amazon for replacement and it is really getting frustrating. Obviously I can return this brand new drive to Amazon and wait another week to restart the process, but I would prefer to fix the problem quickly instead of waiting. Any suggestions? I want to continue using Corsair, but including the other 2 120gb ssd drives that started having the same problem after less than 1 year, it's getting hard to have confidence in the product. Please give me your thoughts and suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived