The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 03:37 PM
icemanjs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 614377
icemanjs Reputation: 10

I am afraid to install mine then.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Narada's PC Specs

POST ID # = 614378
Narada Reputation: 10

I unpacked mine to do some testing. I had a lot of issues. So I've packed it away again to return. But what I found was that the rattling was the least of the problems which could easily be overcome by turning up the rpm or switching to a fan profile higher than quiet. The real problems for me were the other ones as in the link above. So if you only have the rattling and no other problems then you're lucky. If you haven't opened yours yet my recommendation would be to wait and see what Corsair say and what fixes they release. That way you may save a lot of time. Although it's up to you.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:46 PM

POST ID # = 614544
BBen1979 Reputation: 10

Same issue using 4x SP120, but weird thing seem like there only 1 fan out of the 4 making a weird noise.. when unplugged the "weird grinding noise" go away.

I'll do some more testing tonight.

BTW any news about the firmware update for the H100i ?

Old 11-21-2012, 11:33 AM

POST ID # = 614687
echosky Reputation: 10

People are already posting about this issue on Newegg and a couple other sites. Not good for sales.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:58 PM
ersot's PC Specs

POST ID # = 614704
ersot Reputation: 10

RAM GUY, it has been 1 week since you last issued the statement stating that a new firmware would be shortly released to fix this noise issue. Exactly, how much longer must I and many others must wait?

Again, I must reiterate from a previous posting...

RAM GUY--If it is too much to ask, would it be alright to request Corsair to send me a fan cable splitters, so that I may use the fans on the H100i. Unfortunately I only have one spare fan port open left on my motherboard. Also, I did what echosky suggested and the rattling did in fact die down. However, again; I only have one fan port left open on my motherboard, so I won't be able to do that.

Also, I would highly suggest Corsair to include one or two(for those wishing to do a push-pull config) cable splitters with the H100i in the meantime, while you guys manage to solve this irritable issue.

Since this issue lies with the manufacturer, I believe it would fall into Corsair's hand to at least remedy the issue, one way or another. If you need my proof of purchase, I would more than gladly send it to customer service in order to redeem a pair of fan cable splitters. Thank you for taking the time to read this, again I would hope this issue gets resolved as promptly as possible. Thank you, and take it easy (also, have a happy thanks giving.)

Old 11-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 614757
COOL GUY Reputation: 20

Please see this post. A new firmware and software have been posted for this issue.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:55 PM
ersot's PC Specs

POST ID # = 614912

Thank you COOL GUY for the update. The update does indeed resolve the grinding issue. However, now it introduces a totally new issue to contend with. There is now a constant high pitch noise to contend with. Let me clarify that this noise was not present before the update, nor was it present when plugging the fans directly into the motherboard. Please look into this. Depending on how good your hearing is, the noise is pretty disconcerting--which in my case, it is actually worse than having the grinding believe it or not.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Ezygroove's PC Specs

POST ID # = 614917
Ezygroove Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersot View Post
Thank you COOL GUY for the update. The update does indeed resolve the grinding issue. However, now it introduces a totally new issue to contend with. There is now a constant high pitch noise to contend with. Let me clarify that this noise was not present before the update, nor was it present when plugging the fans directly into the motherboard. Please look into this. Depending on how good your hearing is, the noise is pretty disconcerting--which in my case, it is actually worse than having the grinding believe it or not.
Exactly the same problem i'm having with the h80i, grinding has gone but now have a high pitched noise ....Thought it was me, i have posted a video (not a very good one mind you).

Old 11-22-2012, 02:16 PM
mad0house's PC Specs

POST ID # = 614923
mad0house Reputation: 10

If you put the led on cycle it makes a ticking time sound as well.

Last edited by mad0house; 11-22-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:17 PM
VasVas's PC Specs

POST ID # = 614924
VasVas Reputation: 10

I'm not having this problem with two SP120s on my H80i.. instead, there is a small buzzing sound coming from the fans. Not loud, have to stick my ear close to the fan to hear it.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:30 PM
mad0house's PC Specs

POST ID # = 614926
mad0house Reputation: 10

Also have noticed a high pitched sound every so often.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:31 PM
ersot's PC Specs

POST ID # = 614927

When I put both H100i fans to Quiet, the noise can be audibly heard. When put into balanced, it gets distorted by the fans noises, but still can be heard. Once put into performance or fixed (2000rpm) noise gets masked (but still audible) by the fan noise (very loud mind you.) I will try to get a video up demonstrating what I mean in due time--possibly tomorrow.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Narada's PC Specs

POST ID # = 614936
Narada Reputation: 10

I get a little buzzing with the h100 and 2x SP120QE but it's only audible if I put my head against the roof of the case. I have no idea if it's due to the h100i or the h100 or the SP120QE or fans blowing against a radiator. It could be anything.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:04 AM
FiveInline's PC Specs

POST ID # = 614999
FiveInline Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersot View Post
Exactly the same as my H100i, high pitched sound after firmware update.
Extremely annoying sound!!

Putting LED on cycle makes a ticking sound.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:55 AM

POST ID # = 615022
blakedj06 Reputation: 10

Yes mine to. Hold on the Fans and you can hear that this Sound comes only from the Radiator!

Tags
grinding noise, h100i, noise, rattling noise