The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD) > SSD Firmware Update

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 03:43 PM
raptor32's PC Specs

POST ID # = 599785
raptor32 Reputation: 10
Question I cant update my firmware

I cant update . I think I get to late for updates 1.3.3 my firmware but in here its 5.02
can anyone say me how can update this.
Yes Iaheve downloaded last update and tried but it has an X on my Force gt III .
Thanks for help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.JPG (107.3 KB, 456 views)

Old 08-31-2012, 02:17 AM

POST ID # = 599892
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Download the latest firmware which is 5.03.

What happens after you select the firmware update file?
Does the green tick on the drive icon appear?

Old 08-31-2012, 02:40 AM
Banned

POST ID # = 599898
CutMyThoat Reputation: 10

Did you reverted to standard microsoft sata-controller driver or did you tried it having original chipset drivers installed?

Is BIOS Sata Mode AHCI?

Old 08-31-2012, 04:31 PM
raptor32's PC Specs

POST ID # = 600077

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
Download the latest firmware which is 5.03.

What happens after you select the firmware update file?
Does the green tick on the drive icon appear?
No green tick. Red X

Last edited by raptor32; 08-31-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 600134
Wired Reputation: 32

Connect the drive to an AMD port, not a Marvell port. Then try and update it again.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 09-02-2012, 04:17 PM
raptor32's PC Specs

POST ID # = 600346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
Connect the drive to an AMD port, not a Marvell port. Then try and update it again.
which port ? did anyone know ?http://www.sapphiretech.com/presenta...=&lid=1&leg=0#

Old 09-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 600356

Your screenshot show that you are still using "AMD Sata Controller" Driver.

You did not changed the driver to Standard AHCI (Microsoft), but it's neccesary to do that.

Also make sure you plugged it into that controller, not the marvel one.

To switch driver, right click on it and choose change driver, than choose manually choose a driver and then "from location, show combatible hardware only and doubleclick on "Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller". It needs a restart, afterwards.

So do it first and stop complaining anything else!

When you are finished with the driver-change and the reboot, try again to update firmware.

When finally finished you can switch back to driver "AMD SATA Controller".

Btw:
Did you really ask us to find out which of the sata-connectors on your motherboard belong to which controller? Ask the the manufacturer/vendor/reseller or to repeat jeroompfe's words: Just read the fine manual.

Last edited by CutMyThoat; 09-03-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:37 PM
jucedogi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 600359
jucedogi Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutMyThoat View Post

You did not changed the driver to Standard SATA (Microsoft), but it's neccesary to that.
Is this true? I'm using AMD's AHCI driver so it'd be good to know if this is exact. If it is then I guess I'll keep updating when necessary with a Win7 Live CD since it gave me no issues.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:20 AM
raptor32's PC Specs

POST ID # = 600420

Quote:

You did not changed the driver to Standard AHCI (Microsoft), but it's neccesary to do that.

Also make sure you plugged it into that controller, not the marvel one.

To switch driver, right click on it and choose change driver, than choose manually choose a driver and then "from location, show combatible hardware only and doubleclick on "Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller". It needs a restart, afterwards.

So do it first and stop complaining anything else!

When you are finished with the driver-change and the reboot, try again to update firmware.

When finally finished you can switch back to driver "AMD SATA Controller".

Btw:
Did you really ask us to find out which of the sata-connectors on your motherboard belong to which controller???

Anything else you are not able to do on your own? Maybe clean your panties, want some dinner? :D Nevermind, ask the the manufacturer/vendor/reseller or to repeat jeroompfe's words: Just read the fine manual.
Thanks genius. Yep you are right at fist massage I have tired with amd SAta controller driver
Then CutMyThoat said to use Microsoft Sata Contoller. And I tired it. but nothing changed. But ı dont remember may be I wil be forgetten to restart after deleting Amd sata contoller driver(Not sure). when I go back home I will try and write here.
Complaning!!!! Ohh I am crying. come on come and clean my pantiessss. Yes ı will like a free dinner.
I ask for an help. becasuse ı think my firmware is 1.3.3 here 5.03 so many firmware may be published so I cant update from here (Some updates need older updates..)
In the other hand thanks for your help/advice.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Banned

POST ID # = 600435

Quote:
Originally Posted by jucedogi View Post
Is this true? I'm using AMD's AHCI driver so it'd be good to know if this is exact. If it is then I guess I'll keep updating when necessary with a Win7 Live CD since it gave me no issues.
There are various AMD-controller. You didn't said wich exact controller you got and he didn't, too.

See, i have the chipset 990fx (AM3+), that's AMDs most actual chipset with latest AMD-Sata-Controller.

For me and many others it is impossible to update the firmware without changing the driver to microsofts standard. So why do you ask others if this is true, instead of giving it a try. Do you think i tell this to you because i NOT want to help him? WTF

The AMD-Sata-Controller driver may just work only for you. Do you think the corsair field updater is tested with every single sata-driver in the world or basically with the MS standard AHCI 1.0 controller driver?

That driver is surely save for upgrade and this driver is THE fallback driver for any kind of compatibility reasons (i.e. switching motherboard to one with different sata-controller would bsod during boot without this driver).

Why a win7-boot cd? If you want it never to brick your drive during FW upgrade you will more likely need UPS.

Please just DO execute the "help"-commands, if you really want help. :)

Oh you said you may didn't reboot? You may did changed nothing. Please AT LEAST pay attention what you are doing and remembering what you were doing. I dont know and i dont bother if you take non of the steps to fix it. Your problem. Thanks.

Im sry for offending you.

Last edited by CutMyThoat; 09-03-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:03 AM
raptor32's PC Specs

POST ID # = 600451

Quote:
There are various AMD-controller. You didn't said wich exact controller you got and he didn't, too.

See, i have the chipset 990fx (AM3+), that's AMDs most actual chipset with latest AMD-Sata-Controller.

For me and many others it is impossible to update the firmware without changing the driver to microsofts standard. So why do you ask others if this is true, instead of giving it a try. Do you think i tell this to you because i NOT want to help him? WTF

The AMD-Sata-Controller driver may just work only for you. Do you think the corsair field updater is tested with every single sata-driver in the world or basically with the MS standard AHCI 1.0 controller driver?

That driver is surely save for upgrade and this driver is THE fallback driver for any kind of compatibility reasons (i.e. switching motherboard to one with different sata-controller would bsod during boot without this driver).

Why a win7-boot cd? If you want it never to brick your drive during FW upgrade you will more likely need UPS.

Please just DO execute the "help"-commands, if you really want help. :)

Oh you said you may didn't reboot? You may did changed nothing. Please AT LEAST pay attention what you are doing and remembering what you were doing. I dont know and i dont bother if you take non of the steps to fix it. Your problem. Thanks.

Im sry for offending you.
Tired nothing again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06.JPG (125.8 KB, 314 views)

Old 09-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 600462

Are you sure now that it is not connected through Marvel-Controller?

You didn't answered one of my first questions. Did you setup SATA mode AHCI in BIOS?

Last edited by CutMyThoat; 09-03-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:18 PM
raptor32's PC Specs

POST ID # = 600651

Quote:
Are you sure now that it is not connected through Marvel-Controller?

You didn't answered one of my first questions. Did you setup SATA mode AHCI in BIOS?
yesterday it doesnot update firmware.
Today I tired it again.
and it updated with like this
thank you very much for your help.You are great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07.JPG (117.2 KB, 293 views)

Old 09-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 600662

Hehe, you are welcome. Dont forget to re-apply original driver via driv- manager or if unsure just reinstall latest SATA-chipset-driver:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...windows.aspx#2

P.S.: One reason it didn't worked yesterday, but today,may be that you not eaten up all that you got for dinner yesterday, but today you got. :-D

Im sry to say that it's pretty obvious that you did something wrong yesterday.

Last edited by CutMyThoat; 09-04-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:08 AM
raptor32's PC Specs

POST ID # = 600690

Quote:
Hehe, you are welcome. Dont forget to re-apply original driver via driv- manager or if unsure just reinstall latest SATA-chipset-driver:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...windows.aspx#2

P.S.: One reason it didn't worked yesterday, but today,may be that you not eaten up all that you got for dinner yesterday, but today you got. :-D

Im sry to say that it's pretty obvious that you did something wrong yesterday.
My be I think the diffirence is ,as you see in 07.jpeg, other sata drivers were installed but in 6 only standard sata achi driver was installed.
thanks again.
See you in next firmware update .