The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 06-25-2015, 05:01 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 786617
red-ray Reputation: 81
Question Would a 3rd party like to write one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir View Post
red-ray, have you ever considered doing a dashboard or gadget like "open hardware monitor" / HWiNFO does for quick access to selected stats.

or a stats only gui to put only needed information in like link control, motherboard control (like hwinfo has the Sensors only option)

Great tool but it is a bit overwhelming when you just need to access a few things
Thank you for asking the question. I have considered a gadget but given http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/gadgets will not do this. It would be trivial to implement "SIV64X -CRLCTL -STATUS" which would take you directly to the [H/W Status] panel (HWiNFO Sensors only), but I suspect this is not what you really want.

With SIV you can already use a GOverlay display (http://www.goverlay.com/) to display a few sensors. I recall a PM asking the same from another CL user. He was a developer and was planning to write is own dashboard utility which would get the information from SIV using the same API as GOverlay uses, but nothing came of this.

Getting the information from SIV is almost trivial (my test program is about 200 lines of C) and should a 3rd party wish to do this I would be happy to provide the test program source code and help them get started. The API uses global events to interact with SIV (See SIV_Export_Event and SIV_Sensor_Event on Menu->Help->SMBus Locks) and these need to be correctly used by 3rd parties. I suspect I would also add a panel similar to Menu->Help->GOverlay. To check what information would be available from a command window run SENTEST.exe.

Attached Images
File Type: png Example of SENTEST.exe output.png (57.2 KB, 1535 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 07-07-2015 at 03:37 AM.

Old 07-07-2015, 04:17 PM
LicSqualo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 788430
LicSqualo Reputation: 32
Thumbs up New panels!

Great work Ray!

Attached Images
File Type: png cooling panel.png (114.6 KB, 1594 views)
File Type: png power panel.png (54.3 KB, 1601 views)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:13 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 792632
Big Grin [USB Flags] now shows the IgnoreHWSerNum state

I have updated the SIV [USB Flags] (Menu->Windows->Parameters->USB Flags) panel to show the state of IgnoreHWSerNum. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=746122.

Attached Images
File Type: png USB Flags.png (126.3 KB, 1548 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 08-03-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Old 07-31-2015, 04:21 PM
mattlach's PC Specs

POST ID # = 792751
mattlach Reputation: 10

Linux build? :p

Old 08-03-2015, 03:11 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793207
Thumbs up SIV can now set and clear IgnoreHWSerNum

After discovering IgnoreHWSerNum (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135292) I felt that doing the registry edits manually may be tricky for some. As most CL users have managed to run SIV and press the [USB Bus] button I felt having a facility to do this in SIV with a few mouse clicks would be good so I added it this morning.

Below you can see that on the [USB Bus] port details panel there is now the [_]IgnoreHWSerNum check box. To make the registry change simply Check/Uncheck it. If you wish to check what is in the registry press the green blob and REGEDIT will be opened at the correct location. If the device does not have a Serial Number the [_]IgnoreHWSerNum check box will not be present.

1. Run SIV 5.02 or later
  2. Press [USB Bus]
  3. Press [Port n.n.n], the one for the H110iGTX or Corsair Link PMBus Bridge
  4. Check the [_]IgnoreHWSerNum -> The registry edit is done
  5. From Device Manager uninstall all the Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Devices
  6. Reboot and two new H110iGTX should be detected and the drivers automatically installed.
I am not 100% sure about the last two steps as I don't have 2 x H110iGTX or similar to check this, though it will be posible. Maybe Corsair will provide me with some test hardware

Note that if you make this change a new device instance without the serial number will be created and either the Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB or Microsoft HID Device Driver will be reinstalled .
You may need to do the Update Driver and EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled kluges again for the Corsair Link PMBus Bridge (old Commander) .
Attached Images
File Type: png USB Bus Port IgnoreHWSerNum.png (51.2 KB, 1485 views)
File Type: png USB Bus Port H100iGTX.png (341.9 KB, 1851 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 08-04-2015 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Add kluges note

Old 08-03-2015, 11:35 AM

POST ID # = 793249
Thunderpants Reputation: 10

Hi Red Ray,

Thank you for your work. Is it possible to make a dark theme of SIV - dark background, light text?
I suffer photo-sensitivity and have a lot of problems with bright backgrounds. :(

BR

Old 08-03-2015, 12:05 PM

POST ID # = 793269
Nadar Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
SIV can now set and clear IgnoreHWSerNum
Great work, as far as I can understand that's by now the only way to get two devices working in the same computer.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793271
Wink All things are possible in time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderpants View Post
Is it possible to make a dark theme of SIV - dark background, light text?:(
What SIV does is to pick up the 3D Objects background colour (COLOR_3DFACE see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...or=-2147217396) and use that. You can also use Menu->Tools->Font to set text colour and Menu->Tools->Colours->... to set others.

I had a quick go here and got as below. Is this on the right lines?

I suspect it's not 100%, but code is easy to change and you are the first to ask about this. You should add your PC Specs to your profile, especially the Windows version.

Attached Images
File Type: png SIV the Dark Side.png (97.6 KB, 1447 views)
File Type: png SET the Dark Side.png (28.5 KB, 1401 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 08-04-2015 at 05:08 PM.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793330
Unhappy Corsair should fix the firmware, but CL can't update the firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar View Post
Great work, as far as I can understand that's by now the only way to get two identical devices working in the same computer.
Without setting IgnoreHWSerNum if you have say 2 x H100iGTX installed windows will sooner of later install three instances of the Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device . When you boot the two that are on-line will change from boot to boot .

If you only have one device with a none unique serial number the setting IgnoreHWSerNum for it will be fine. If you do this it will be treated just the same as the CLCC, H110iGT, H100i and H80i which do not have serial numbers. If you plan to get a 2nd device I recommend doing this.

My view is that that will not fail, but will not work well. It will cause a lot of confusion

I will not support 2 x H100iGTX in SIV unless IgnoreHWSerNum is set . I expect it will not fail, but the two coolers will be interposed so what you think is the GPU cooler is actually the CPU cooler! Some boot later they will swap. You can imagine what will happen with 3 x H100iGTX

Garbage in -> garbage out

The best solution is for Corsair to fix the firmware , though I have now been made aware CL can't update Asetek firmware (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=793290) so they can only do this before the coolers leave the factory

Last edited by red-ray; 08-03-2015 at 07:27 PM.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:10 PM

POST ID # = 793419
Thunderpants Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
What SIV does is to pick up the 3D Objects background colour (COLOR_3DFACE see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...or=-2147217396) and use that. You can also use Menu->Tools->Font to set text colour and Menu->Tools->Colours->... to set others.

I had a quick go here and got as below. Is this on the right lines?

I suspect it's not 100%, but code is easy to change and you are the first to ask about this. You should add your PC Specs to your profile, especially the Windows version.
Thank you Red Ray. That works for me! I no longer have to click on my fan icons to silence them whenever CL starts up :). Keep up the good work.

BR

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:29 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793494
Question [SIV Qualifiers] panel

I am adding the [SIV Qualifiers] panel to SIV 5.02 as I feel some will find this easier to use than SIVDEF.ini. At moment it looks as below. As you can see below there is a [Qualifiers] button on the [About] panel which also lists the [SIV Qualifiers] in effect.

Please can I have some feedback as it if this will be easier and/or if I should add any more inbuilt qualifiers? Note you can type in other qualifiers that are not inbuilt.

Attached Images
File Type: png SIV [SIV Qualifiers].png (54.3 KB, 1197 views)
File Type: png SIV [ABout].png (41.3 KB, 1189 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 08-04-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Old 08-08-2015, 05:29 AM
LicSqualo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 794545
LicSqualo Reputation: 32
Question Quanti Corsair Mini posso controllare?

Salve,
io ho due Corsair MINI funzionanti. Voglio sostituire il mio Commander con un ulteriore Corsair MINI, c'è un limite per SIV per il numero di CLCC che posso controllare?
Grazie per la comprensione.

Last edited by LicSqualo; 08-08-2015 at 05:34 AM.

Old 08-08-2015, 05:39 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 794548
Thumbs up Three with ease

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicSqualo View Post
I have two Corsair MINI functioning. I want to replace my Commander with an additional Corsair MINI, there is a limit to the number of SIV CLCC I can control?
I have 4 x CLCC and 2 x Cooling nodes, so just 3 x CLCC mini will definitely work .

I too am wondering what the upper limit is, give me a few days and I will answer. I suspect at least 10 x CLCC, maybe more

Last edited by red-ray; 08-11-2015 at 05:11 AM. Reason: I now have 4 x CLCC

Old 08-08-2015, 08:58 PM
poee's PC Specs

POST ID # = 794698
poee Reputation: 10
Question

If I want to use SIV to control my H100i, can I uninstall Corsair Link? Aside from firmware updates, what other things does CL do for the H100i that SIV does not handle?

After a clean install of Win10 Pro x64 on my (formerly) Win7 PC, Corsair Link has been giving me nothing but problems. The latest version updated the firmware, but is otherwise behaving erratically (this is after I renamed the CL executable to work around Win10's incompatibility error).

I've gotten CL to start and I've configured it in Win10 to my liking, but it will only auto-start with a reboot about 20% of the time. (No rhyme or reason I can find.) Most often I have to manually start it no matter the setting "Run at Windows Startup" in CL Options, or tweaking the Task Scheduler entry to get it running with every logon as well as various scheduled start settings. I have no clue why it sometimes obeys these settings while most of the time it ignores them.

I only have one Corsair Link device (H100i).
[i7-4790K / Maximus VII Hero / 16GB DDR3-1866 / GTX 970 Strix / Seasonic X-850 PSU / 2 SSDs, 6 HDDs, (no RAID)]

I do not know if this is related in any way, but I'm having the same issue with Asus' GPUTweak as I have with CL (in that no matter the settings, it will only auto-start on reboot about 1 out of 5 times, if that). I used GPUTweak just to adjust the GPU's fan speed. The Asus STRIX GTX 970 doesn't spin up at all until it reaches 62C. I had GPUTweak set that fan spin-up at 15% at a threshold of 42C, which is still silent but everything runs a lot cooler.

Can SIV also control the fan speed curve on the GTX 970? I would love to be able to uninstall CL and GPUTweak and just use SIV if this is possible.

Do settings in CL take effect even when the CL application is not running? Is it only to be run to change settings or is there a purpose in keeping it running all the time? If uninstalled, will the H100i still operate properly? Will it change fan/pump speeds based on temp without CL installed? (I apologize for all the noob questions.)

Old 08-09-2015, 01:44 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 794728
Arrow SIV controll of 1 x H100i

Quote:
Originally Posted by poee View Post
If I want to use SIV to control my H100i, can I uninstall Corsair Link? Aside from firmware updates, what other things does CL do for the H100i that SIV does not handle?
Yes, SIV can easily control 1 x H100i. AFAIK the only things CL would do for a H100i that SIV would not are multiple profiles (I keep wondering if I should add these), use an excessive amount of CPU/memory resources and give .NET errors .

You can leave CL installed, just stop it starting when the system is booted. Have a look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=793932 for how to setup Task Scheduler to run SIV on start-up. I plan to eventually automate this with a revised [SIV Autorun] panel.

Remember for SIV to control CL hardware you MUST specify -CRLCTL on the command line and I recommend initially you also specify -SINGLE so only a single instance of SIV is can be active. I recommend you get the 5.02 Beta and use the new [SIV Qualifiers] panel so this is automated. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=793494. Note -AIOCTL and -CRLCTL are synonyms as SIV 5.02 also supports none Corsair hardware I am changing things to be less Corsair specific.

Before SIV can control you must use [Link Fans] to setup the profile and press [Save] to write it to the registry. Look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137428 to see how a H100 was setup.

Give it a go and if you get stuck post the [Link Fans] screen shot and ask for clarification.

When I was running BOINC I added nVidia, but not AMD, GPU fan control to SIV so probably. I recommend getting the H100i control working well first though rather than doing everything at once.

Last edited by red-ray; 08-09-2015 at 03:42 AM.

Closed Thread