The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 06:07 PM

POST ID # = 690525
Daniele Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBC View Post
This is the exact same noise two of my GS600's made. I have found it is NORMAL behaviour from the PSU. The parts are functioning as they should and they make this noise. My solution was to buy a different PSU.
these noises are not normal, not even the Chinese power supplies $ 10 make this noise so annoying.
it is evident that they have problems of components, maybe they had a lot of electronic components corrupted, because even in the reviews you do not hear this noise.
I is the second change that and this also makes the same noise, the thing is getting ridiculous ... power supplies are among the most expensive, is not this a good advertising ..

Old 01-03-2014, 09:57 AM

POST ID # = 690629
VaticanSIN Reputation: 10

I had my AX860i recently replaced due to the fan clicking in “silent mode” but unfortunately the replacement also has the same issue, not as loud as the first PSU but still noticeable as a dead pixel on your monitor. It’s a shame this is happening on some of the PSU’s as the feature that made me choose this make/model is doing the precise opposite and causing irritation to say the least.

I hope Corsair identify the origin of the faulty batch and get ours replaced with correctly functioning hardware.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:13 PM
Mikex41's PC Specs

POST ID # = 691879
Mikex41 Reputation: 10

Well I decided to buy a different brand power supply and the noise is completely gone. It is amazing how quiet my computer is now. If Corsair ever figures out what the issue is I will send mine in for maintenance but for now it is going to sit in my closet as a backup.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:36 AM
dmnc's PC Specs

POST ID # = 692754
dmnc Reputation: 10

Hi folks, hi RAM GUY,

I found that my TX650M is making the same clicking/rumbling noise while it's approaching the threshold when fan becomes spinning. Nowadays I'm upgrading my RIG and lowering the noise so I don't know if I experienced this before* or if it is somehow connected for example with change of video card. Sometimes, when total power consumption and overall PSU heating is right on the threshold, the fan is on for cca 10 seconds then stops and I can hear that clicking for more 30~60 sec. and then fan goes spinning again.

Reading this thread and several more (1, 2, 3), I'm afraid that this is design problem or very big faulty batch.

I can imagine how this problem can destroy the trust of the users, no doubt if one will solve this problem only with changing the brand.
... so is it a --Seasonic-- CWT fault?

EDIT: I found this PSU has been manufactured by CWT and TX650 and TX650V2 are different Seasonic PSUs

Any advice? Thanks.

*My previous card was Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 FLEX which is the loudest video card I ever met. Now I have MSI GTX 770 TF 4GD5/OC - pretty quiet so I can hear other noises.

Last edited by dmnc; 01-15-2014 at 09:46 PM. Reason: CWT vs Seasonic

Old 01-17-2014, 04:48 AM
Mikex41's PC Specs

POST ID # = 693037
Mikex41 Reputation: 10

I've had and still own many Corsair products that work perfectly well. This was the first one that I had an issue with and I know Corsair would work with me until it was solved. But having tried two of the same power supply's making the same noise I didn't really want to till with trying another one. Between having to rewire my entire computer and package and ship the power supply it ends up taking an hour that I would really rather spend doing something else.

I will still buy Corsair products in the future because they are generally amazing and their customer service is great. For now though I have a 100 dollar PSU sitting in my closet while the 60 dollar one I bought is working great. It was actually even more modular so I have less cables now which is nice.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:22 PM
DrDarken's PC Specs

POST ID # = 693159
DrDarken Reputation: 10

I have the same problem with my TX750.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:15 PM
SpYd3r05's PC Specs

POST ID # = 695016
SpYd3r05 Reputation: 10

Same issue here. Just started an RMA this is kind of annoying to listen to on an otherwise (Almost) silent PC

Tags
noise, tx650m