The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 02:22 PM
xamrox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 631575
xamrox Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalTimbo View Post
I take it this is the model; http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=FG-020-BQ ? How did you fix it to the rad, it look as though those push pins it comes with wouldn't work, can you just use the Corsair screws?

I only suggested the other fan as it came highly recommended by other H100i users; I too thought the 1700rpm looked a little low.

As for the H110, I think in a way it's actually a lower model...no Link function or lighting etc. However I fear you're probably right, however it'll be the last Corsair product I buy, if Corsair do dump on us! I've only just received replacement ear cushions, for a pair of Vengeance 1500's that came with a split on one side.

Back on the subject of the H100i, I fear the problem is that it can't reliably deliver the amps the included fans require...it's certainly a power delivery issue; most these replacement fans draw less current!
yes it is , and I used the Corsair screws, was a little bit hard to screw them through the rubber (tight holes), but it worked after all without any problems.
believe me and I m not fooling around, yesterday one of my brand new vengeance ram just crashed and stopped working, everything is working fine in my system except Corsair products .. I just learned my lesson the hard way .
PS: I paid 120 Euro for the h100i and waited 3 months with the high noise.

Last edited by xamrox; 02-04-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:28 AM
kKNd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 631756
kKNd Reputation: 10

Yesterday I got my brand new H80i with 1.0.4 firmware installed by default. It was a nightmare to mount it, I still think it is not perfect so I probably have to remove it the third time and put it back because I am not satisfied with the temps but this high pitch noise is killing me. It's exactly the same as in OP's video. I can't believe there is no fix for it yet.

Also I don't think it is coming from the fan in my case. (I don't have a very high end cpu so I'm just using one fan) When I'm stopping the fan with my fingers it is still audible. Sometimes it goes silent only to come back after a few seconds and annoy me to hell. I am sure it is coming from the pumps. Also in the Corsair Link software it shows this odd info: link wtf...

Nothing changes if I try to adjust RPM divider, it seems it does nothing. I am so disappointed... :/ I wanted a silent cooler but this is more noisy than my stock cooler.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:57 AM

POST ID # = 631775
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Unplug the fan from the pump and see if the noise is still present.

There will be a new set of fans that should fix the high-pitch noise. They will be PWM instead.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:45 AM
kKNd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 631783

I completely stopped the fan blades with my finger and the noise was still present. This is the reason I am blaming it on the pump. I will try unplugging it though but I don't think it should make any noise if it is not moving even when it is plugged in.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:36 AM
TacticalTimbo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 631787
TacticalTimbo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xamrox View Post
yes it is , and I used the Corsair screws, was a little bit hard to screw them through the rubber (tight holes), but it worked after all without any problems.
believe me and I m not fooling around, yesterday one of my brand new vengeance ram just crashed and stopped working, everything is working fine in my system except Corsair products .. I just learned my lesson the hard way .
PS: I paid 120 Euro for the h100i and waited 3 months with the high noise.
How did you avoid having the circular frame dig into the rad's core (looks like it's proud), and didn't you have to make an educated guess, at when to stop tightening the screws; I imagine being rubber mounts, that they are fairly compressible!?

On another note, after setting up a profile in the Link2 software, I'm noticing that the fans only do considerable ramping up and down, if the software is open/running...if I don't have it running, the unit is far less active; I thought it was supposed to save the profile into the unit, and then not need it's presence? The colours of thr LED seem to change, and the fan speed does vary some without Link running, but there is a marked difference after it's opened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kKNd View Post
I completely stopped the fan blades with my finger and the noise was still present. This is the reason I am blaming it on the pump. I will try unplugging it though but I don't think it should make any noise if it is not moving even when it is plugged in.
kKNd, you should never forcibly hold a fan, it's likely to break it! Also I believe the noise emanates from the pump/controller...it's a combination issue between the pack-in fans, and this cooler.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 AM
xamrox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 631845

just tight the screws until u dont have any space between fan and rad, it worked for me and I have the PC-case between them too..
for best silent performance I use these settings , my CPU is overclocked @ 4.4 Ghz

after 1 hour 100% load (be quiet fans)

Last edited by xamrox; 02-14-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:16 PM
kKNd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 631848

Quote:
kKNd, you should never forcibly hold a fan, it's likely to break it! Also I believe the noise emanates from the pump/controller...it's a combination issue between the pack-in fans, and this cooler.
I have seen this done by professional reviewers etc... I don't think it can cause any damage, also I am not actually holding the blades themselves but slowing down the center. There's some software mechanic built into these fans or the controller as well because they automatically stop when I force slow them down then restart after a few seconds. I am not doing this usually of course it is probably not healthy in a long term. Anyways I agree that the noise is coming from the block unit, not the fan. I could only eliminate it by a proper firmware update or with a forced pump rpm reduction.
I see no point sending it back because by reading this forum I learned that I can actually get an even worse replacement. I don't want that obviously.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:01 PM
TacticalTimbo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 631856
TacticalTimbo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xamrox View Post
just tight the screws until u dont have any space between fan and rad, it worked for me and I have the PC-case between them too..
for best silent performance I use these settings , my CPU is overclocked @ 4.7 Ghz
Looks pretty respectable...I may break, and get those then!

What I mean't though, is does your H100i behave exactly the same, whether the Link application is running or not? The reason I ask, is that when the Link software isn't running on my machine, the fans ramp up/down, considerably less.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:47 PM
xamrox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 631882

Quote:
Looks pretty respectable...I may break, and get those then!

What I mean't though, is does your H100i behave exactly the same, whether the Link application is running or not? The reason I ask, is that when the Link software isn't running on my machine, the fans ramp up/down, considerably less.
of course they behave the same , the link software is only to save cofigurations in the unit , if u delete everything or istall a new windows it will behave just like ur last config , so it doesnt matter if link is open or not

Old 02-14-2013, 03:32 AM

POST ID # = 633855
csemoses Reputation: 10

Any news on replacement fans / a fix?

Old 02-14-2013, 03:56 AM

POST ID # = 633862

Request an RMA and tell them you have the high pitched noise.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:25 AM

POST ID # = 633931
Copyright Reputation: 10

I get the high pitched noise with no fans attached.... it just gets worse when the fans are hooked up.... it is in the pump for sure.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:18 AM

POST ID # = 634088

If you had recently purchased the H80i/H100i, contact your seller and ask if they can replace it for you. If not, request an RMA to replace it.

Tags
h100i, high pitch, noise