The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Customer Service > Warranty and RMA Questions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 610337
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Quote:
but if you want to update me on which corsair PSUS are current and sourced by seasonic Id love to get it on the record.
I am sorry but that is not possible and as I have stated the Manufacturer has no bearing on this issue. It would have happened if it was Seasonic or anyone else.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:00 AM

POST ID # = 611017
Curvin Reputation: 10
Default CP-9020030 HX650V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
Again it does not matter who we use to Build the PSU's they are our designs internally and are not a copy of the subcontractors we use to build the units so it make no difference who we use to assemble the PSU.
I am going to have to call B.S on that !

I have used the HX series PSUs extensively over the last 6 years, having built hundreds of systems with HX520/HX620/HX650 PSU's, the total failure rate is less than I can count on one hand.

The "HX650 V2" has only been released locally into the channel for a few weeks , and on my first encounter with the cabling knew immediately that the OEM had been changed from the tried and tested bulletproof Seasonic to CWT , which concerned me. First build , what do I encounter, some indiscriminate, intermittent loud chirping from the PSU while burning in the system. On calling a trusted tech colleague at one of my suppliers I am informed that in the few short weeks of these gems being on the market locally that this is already a known and inherent issue with the new "HX650" , return rates in the double figures and climbing.

I have had no option but to pull down the new system build and will return all stock , as I won't have a bar of these new CWT sourced units after 6 + years of using HX series exclusively.

I have a lifeline with the AX Series which are still currently Seasonic OEM , but of course the local distro do not carry the 650 Watt unit , forcing me to the substantially more expensive 750 watt unit. Win/Win on their part !

I won't be touching any of the CWT based units , which I doubt will cause you guys any ripples in the greater scheme of things , but the word will spread very quickly that these units not anything like the previous HX650's in any way shape of form , and the market will decide I guess.

I'm out either way.

V.C
Old 11-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Banned
Caughtout3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 611291
Caughtout3 Reputation: 10

Im glad Im not the only one to speak up regarding the overall quality of the Seasonic made units compared to the CWT ones.

And as best I can tell the only Seasonic Psu's that Corsair still offers are the AX series. ie: AX650,AX750,AX850 and supposedly soon to be AX760 and AX860

Its funny though,I think the new CWT CX PSU's are the best of the new cwt units,maybe because those dont have the fan feature of the other new(gs/hx) units?
Old 11-03-2012, 06:40 PM

POST ID # = 611306
Curvin Reputation: 10

My only experience in the past with Corsair CWT based units were the HX1000's a few years back, and they were a crap shoot at the best of times.

I swore off anything CWT at the time. This is the first unit since and its been an instant reminder that the CWT's are garbage IMO.

The AX750 will be my go to for the interim due to the local distro neglecting to offer/supply the AX650 , but I am very tempted to just move to Seasonic units , at least I'll be sure that the goal posts aren't being shifted without warning.

Lets hope someone at Corsair wakes up that once a brands reputation and client confidence is damaged, its a long road back.

Last edited by Curvin; 11-04-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 611532

Well HX650 is made by Sea-sonic all other HX series PSU's are made by Channel Well. So not sure what to tell you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curvin View Post
I am going to have to call B.S on that !

I have used the HX series PSUs extensively over the last 6 years, having built hundreds of systems with HX520/HX620/HX650 PSU's, the total failure rate is less than I can count on one hand.

The "HX650 V2" has only been released locally into the channel for a few weeks , and on my first encounter with the cabling knew immediately that the OEM had been changed from the tried and tested bulletproof Seasonic to CWT , which concerned me. First build , what do I encounter, some indiscriminate, intermittent loud chirping from the PSU while burning in the system. On calling a trusted tech colleague at one of my suppliers I am informed that in the few short weeks of these gems being on the market locally that this is already a known and inherent issue with the new "HX650" , return rates in the double figures and climbing.

I have had no option but to pull down the new system build and will return all stock , as I won't have a bar of these new CWT sourced units after 6 + years of using HX series exclusively.

I have a lifeline with the AX Series which are still currently Seasonic OEM , but of course the local distro do not carry the 650 Watt unit , forcing me to the substantially more expensive 750 watt unit. Win/Win on their part !

I won't be touching any of the CWT based units , which I doubt will cause you guys any ripples in the greater scheme of things , but the word will spread very quickly that these units not anything like the previous HX650's in any way shape of form , and the market will decide I guess.

I'm out either way.

V.C
Old 11-05-2012, 06:29 PM

POST ID # = 611566
whitekitefauna Reputation: 10

Thanks for the info Caughtout3.
A local store suddenly has a 10+ on stock directly shippable, for 40 eur. Which makes it a cheapest bronze PSU on the market.
Now I understand why.
I still could try it, but knowing my luck..
Old 11-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Banned
Caughtout3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 611598

Quote:
Well HX650 is made by Sea-sonic all other HX series PSU's are made by Channel Well. So not sure what to tell you there.
There are more than 2 or 3 versions of the HX650 arent there?

Part number 75-001217 The Seasonic Unit?
Part number 75-001230 cwt unit?

Anyhow,If he is refering to the seasoninc HX650 Ive got to wonder if it isnt Corsairs changes to the PSU's that are causing the fan issues on the new models. (I know you claim that theyre totally different than OEM units,but Ive seen some comparisons between corsair and seasonic internals and while there are some differences they usually seem to be cosmetic or make little difference between the two) I mean if you look around there are a bunch of complaints about them chirping.

I thought you werent at liberty to tell us what PSU's were made by which 3rd party? At the point youre tellling us this why not make a FAQ and sticky it?

Anyway, It seems to me that even a list of new part numbers with corresponding models numbers would be a good idea for your customers.

the fact that even seasonic PSU's via Corsair are chirping is new to me, guess Ill wait and see what happens
Old 11-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 611603

Caughtout3
I have stated previously that it has nothing to do with the subcontractor a few times it is an issue we are looking at. If you have an Fan issue with one of our PSU please request an RMA and let me know the case number and I will get you a unit that does not have that issue
Old 11-06-2012, 01:40 AM
Banned
Caughtout3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 611659
Unhappy

Quote:
Caughtout3
I have stated previously that it has nothing to do with the subcontractor a few times it is an issue we are looking at. If you have an Fan issue with one of our PSU please request an RMA and let me know the case number and I will get you a unit that does not have that issue
Well, Im glad that your looking into it, honestly Im surprised its happening across so many platforms.

Id still like to know what models each of these numbers refer to:

Part number 75-001217
Part number 75-001230

I do not currently have a PSU that needs RMA. But I would like to avoid having one and Id like to be able to recommend a Corsair PSU I have faith in.
So if my poking and prodding for info on forums that are here to help users is a problem just say so.
Those 2 numbers are part numbers that a "Corsair Product Guru" ought to know by heart! By not even addressing my question it just looks like you are hiding the truth.

Last edited by Caughtout3; 11-06-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 611796

Quote:
Id still like to know what models each of these numbers refer to:

Part number 75-001217
Part number 75-001230
I have already told you these are not our marketing part numbers and we do not have a cross reference that I can share with you. Please post a picture of the label
Old 11-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Banned
Caughtout3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 611967
Sigh..

Quote:
I have already told you these are not our marketing part numbers and we do not have a cross reference that I can share with you. Please post a picture of the label
If theyre "only" marketing part numbers why are the newest psu's all showing up with the number as its model on the sticker?

If I had pictures of all the labels on all the new and old models I dont think Id need you to tell me the answer to my question. I figured since you supposedly work with these units every day that youd see the new numbers being put on the labels AS the model number.

I will post some examples to help you figure out where to look for the proper information on your PSU's,if thats not enough to go on maybe you could oh i dont know ask marketing? or tell me how can get in touch with them?

cx430 "v3"

cx500 "v3"

cx600 "v3"

tx650v2

tx650 "v3"

ax760i

hx650 "v3"?

Obviously this is one of the part numbers I was asking about. Im still not sure who this unit is made by,cwt or Seasonic

BUT I have seen this part number (75-001230) also referenced as a hx650. which is why I thought asking Corsair directly would be my best bet.
Maybe if I get motivated Ill gather all the part numbers,models etc and put together a chart so its not so confusing for you or your customers.

TIA

Last edited by Caughtout3; 11-07-2012 at 04:45 AM. Reason: stuff
Old 11-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 611968
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Are you seeing these part numbers on STORE websites? If yes, please post a link.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Banned
Caughtout3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 611972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
Are you seeing these part numbers on STORE websites? If yes, please post a link.
I wish I was, then there wouldnt be so much confusion between the old parts and new parts.

Newegg was using the v2 product page to sell the "v3" versions of the cx series but that has since been fixed,they still have the tx650v2 listed even though that model has been replaced by a cwt "v3" also. How thats legal is beyond me.

I saw 75-001230 referenced on a couple of websites, the easiest to recall was here:

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page447.htm

Ive also seen a few other 75-00xxxx numbers on TUV certification sites and the 80 plus website(which Id have to find again if you need the link)

Last edited by Caughtout3; 11-07-2012 at 01:14 AM. Reason: insert url to PSU list
Old 11-07-2012, 06:03 AM
Kayke's PC Specs

POST ID # = 612017
Kayke Reputation: 10

It´s not v3 version, it´s just new CP-75 Bronze version.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 612075

Caughtout3
I will have a meeting with the PSU PM in the BOXING ring and see if I can talk some seance into him.
And I will let you know ASAP but yes I see what you mean, it seems the PN# has changed

Last edited by RAM GUY; 11-07-2012 at 01:35 PM.