The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2018, 04:01 AM

POST ID # = 946258
casualmlg Reputation: 10
Default Mouse "remap keys" has only 1 keyboard layout

I'm trying to remap keys on my Sabre RGB mouse to a keyboard key. I'm using K63 Nordic keyboard. In CUE under the keyboard I have selected the nordic layout and it works. I can see the nordic keys when remaping for keyboard. But the mouse section doesn't have keyboard layout setting and only has the US layout keys if I go to Sabre->actions->remap keys->typing keys.

It's not impossible to remap to nordic keys. Just a hassle. I have to switch to us keyboard and through trial and error is can find which option corresponds to my keys and some non US keys can be found under rmap keys->typing keys->language keys. (the one I was looking for was "keyboard non-US \ and |")

how to fix: developers should add the keyboard layout setting to mice as well.
Or add this setting for mice under section: actions->remap keys rather than right below my device like it's with keyboards.

Other than that CUE with Sabre RGB mouse and K63 keyboard is working perfectly for me in windows 10.

Last edited by casualmlg; 03-24-2018 at 04:15 AM.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:16 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946303
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualmlg View Post
I'm trying to remap keys on my Sabre RGB mouse to a keyboard key. I'm using K63 Nordic keyboard. In CUE under the keyboard I have selected the nordic layout and it works. I can see the nordic keys when remaping for keyboard. But the mouse section doesn't have keyboard layout setting and only has the US layout keys if I go to Sabre->actions->remap keys->typing keys.

It's not impossible to remap to nordic keys. Just a hassle. I have to switch to us keyboard and through trial and error is can find which option corresponds to my keys and some non US keys can be found under rmap keys->typing keys->language keys. (the one I was looking for was "keyboard non-US \ and |")

how to fix: developers should add the keyboard layout setting to mice as well.
Or add this setting for mice under section: actions->remap keys rather than right below my device like it's with keyboards.

Other than that CUE with Sabre RGB mouse and K63 keyboard is working perfectly for me in windows 10.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll forward this to our development team!

Old 03-26-2018, 03:20 AM
Dayglorange's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946552
Dayglorange Reputation: 10

Idk if the options are different for different keyboard/mouse combo (I have K95 and Scimitar), but for me if I go "Remap Key" and select "Keystroke" on the dropdown, then just type what key on my keyboard I want to remap the mouse button to, it works that way.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:40 AM

POST ID # = 946577
casualmlg Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayglorange View Post
Idk if the options are different for different keyboard/mouse combo (I have K95 and Scimitar), but for me if I go "Remap Key" and select "Keystroke" on the dropdown, then just type what key on my keyboard I want to remap the mouse button to, it works that way.
oh yea, your'e right. DO you use non US layout too? The "keystroke" section doesn't have the simulate key holding. I'm using this function in a toggle mode for one button. Using the keystroke section also still displays the US equivalent of the keys I press and its slightly confusing. I guess I can describe which nordic character i'm remaping to, in the name that i assign to the action.

Non-US layouts shouldn't be hard to implement for mice though. since Keyboard remap key section already has it and the way you assign remaps is identical for both devices. Only the top part, where you select which button to change, is different.

Old 12-19-2018, 03:37 PM
idgforum's PC Specs

POST ID # = 986114
idgforum Reputation: 10

Try one our to get it right but I got it to the end.

Last edited by idgforum; 12-19-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Tags
keyboard layout, mouse