Corsair Community

switch onboard profiles

sabix

Hi there,

I'm using a Corsair K70 RGB. I've created a few profles and during gaming it happend to me that I belive I hit a button and the profile changes.

But I can't figure out which button/combination that is.

(I've not setup an action to switch profiles).

It's switching to one of the 3 onboard profiles.

I've seen an older thread from 2018 that onboard profiles cannot be changed by a click of a button but this seems to have changed.

Is there such a button/combination or am I misinterpreting something here?

Thanks

sabix

If it is switching to an onboard profile while the software is running, that likely means the app crashed. You cannot access the hardware profiles while iCUE is running. If this is the Corsair K70 LUX, you only have 1 onboard profile and it works on the older "save to device" system.

The other possibility is if you have downloaded some software profiles from Alex Kratsev or Lewis Gerswhitz, they often link their profiles together through a profile switch action - most often Page Break. You can check this in the Actions tab of the keyboard.

Thank you,

iCUE is not running when this happens. I'm using the K70 RGB there are 3 onboard profiles in iCUE.

I've not downloaded any profiles form Alex Kratsev or Lewis Gerswhitz.

Ahhh just while writing I figured it out. The hint is the "not running". I always tried to switch the profiles while iCUE was runnning. Now as it's closed I can switch the onboard profiles with the button that looks like a human...

Great thanks a million.

OK, if you have three onboard profiles, you must have a K70 MK.2. The naming conventions are a bit repetitive, so subtle differences distinguish a 2019 keyboard from a 2014 one.

As you've now discovered, the profile change button on the MK.2 or any other keyboard with it will change between the HW saved profiles when iCUE is not running or cycle down the software profile list when iCUE is running. However, if you only have one software profile, it won't go anywhere.