Corsair Community

iCUE keeps laptop GPU turned on even when not running

dtan

Problem is in title; iCUE background processes/services (4 of them) keep the Nvidia dgpu active instead of letting Optimus switch to the Intel igpu, iCUE is disabled in startup so it shouldn't be running.

Any advice to keep those services from running when the program isn't running? I have to either uninstall the software to keep the graphics switching behaviour working, or close those 4 processes multiple times (they restart a couple of times for some reason:mad:) every time when starting Windows.

Behaviour is the same with multiple different versions of iCUE. Thanks.

*Edit* 4 services, not 3.

Edited by dtan

Pretty much the same in 3.29 with a 2080 Ti, as it ends up using 3% to 5% GPU usage while the program is in the tray and main window closed it causes my GPU to keep jumping between 1350Mhz 3D clocks and 300Mhz idle clocks, or somewhere in between. iCue unfortunately is just a very badly optimized program.

Don't kill the services from Task Manager, but rather from the Services. I recommend finding the Corsair services there and stopping them.

Or throw the following commands into a .bat file if you want to kill them on demand :)

@echo off

taskkill /f /im iCUE.exe

net stop CorsairService

net stop CorsairLLAService

Add more services to kill, if you like.

• Like 1

I dealt with this problem last month. Took me an entire day of troubleshooting to figure out it was iCUE.

What I ended up doing was downgrading to 3.27.68

Highly recommend doing that until they fix this issue

Stopping the services works, thanks. Still able to change lighting without starting those services so not going to turn those on again.

Why do we have to do this/downgrade Corsair if iCUE isn't running?