The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > System Builds, Modding, Custom Components, and Picture Gallery

Old 11-21-2018, 08:58 PM

POST ID # = 981561
Hoopsta Reputation: 10
Default RGB - Am I on the right track?

I'm relatively new to the RGB fad and am seeking a little input and guidance. I've spent several hours over many days doing all the research, and just want to make sure I've got it all right, since it has been a little overwhelming at first, and I want to make sure I'm getting all the right stuff before ordering.

I'm getting ready for a new build. Here are the related components I'm going to be purchasing.

Obsidian 500D SE Tower
H100i RGB Platinum AIO
Vengeance RGB Pro Memory
RM750i PSU
And 1 additional 120mm ML Fan

So Memory, AIO, PSU, 3 ML fans, 3 LL fans.

If I'm understanding all this correctly, since the tower comes with a Commander Pro, I have no use for a Lighting Node Pro, with the exception of if in the future I wanted to add some LED strips. True or False?

In order to hook up all the components to function as intended and sync up with iCUE, I will need to purchase 2 Fan LED hubs, sold separately. True or False?

Alternatively, I could ditch the 3 LL included with the case and add in 3 ML and get away with a single Fan LED hub, sold separately? True or False?

The PSU, Memory, and AIO have no relation to the Commander Pro when it comes to full functionality. True or False?

Please provide some feedback here to confirm if I'm on the right track, any hardware or component I'm missing, and also any hints or tips are always welcome.

Thanks.

Last edited by Hoopsta; 11-21-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:36 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981568
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsta View Post
I'm relatively new to the RGB fad and am seeking a little input and guidance. I've spent several hours over many days doing all the research, and just want to make sure I've got it all right, since it has been a little overwhelming at first, and I want to make sure I'm getting all the right stuff before ordering.
Welcome to the addiction!!
It is a bit overwhelming at first. If you've not done it yet (and it sounds like you have) check out the RGB FAQ linked in my signature.
Quote:
If I'm understanding all this correctly, since the tower comes with a Commander Pro, I have no use for a Lighting Node Pro, with the exception of if in the future I wanted to add some LED strips. True or False?
Correct.

Quote:
In order to hook up all the components to function as intended and sync up with iCUE, I will need to purchase 2 Fan LED hubs, sold separately. True or False?
If you want to control them as designed in iCue, that is correct. However, you can put the ML on the same fan hub as the LL fans. It won't appear in iCue as an ML fan - you'd configure the channel as 4 LL fans rather than 3 - but it'll work. Some effects will be decidedly strange as the ML will behave as just 4 LEDs on an LL.

Quote:
Alternatively, I could ditch the 3 LL included with the case and add in 3 ML and get away with a single Fan LED hub, sold separately? True or False?
True ... but I'm fairly certain that the case comes with an LED Fan Hub.
Quote:
The PSU, Memory, and AIO have no relation to the Commander Pro when it comes to full functionality. True or False?
Correct. And the Platinum coolers have their own lighting controller for the fans.

Quote:
Please provide some feedback here to confirm if I'm on the right track, any hardware or component I'm missing, and also any hints or tips are always welcome.

Thanks.
I think that you are on the right track.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 11-22-2018, 05:19 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981584
Zotty Reputation: 52

Hi Buddy

agreed.. you seem to be heading in the right direction :)

if you have not had a good read of it. i suggest you read the below linked thread.. covers most of Corsairs RGB hardware Ecosystem..

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880