Corsair Community

Trouble getting any SDK apps to work

DRK3

Hi,

I got a K95 RGB Platinum recently and today I decided to start tinkering around with the SDK. Unfortunately, I'm having some trouble getting any SDK apps to actually work.

I can compile and run the sample application included with the SDK download, however none of them successfully change the lights on the keyboard. The prompt to press +/- shows up in the console window but they seem to have no effect.

I've also tried some of the apps that other members of this forum have posted, and they seem to just open and close immediately, again with no change to the lights on my keyboard.

Only the CUE software is able to actually affect the lights.

I have the enable SDK checkbox in CUE checked off. It appears to connect, since if I close CUE I do indeed get an error message about it not connecting.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

P.S. I'm not sure if it's related, but whenever I open CUE it brings up a message saying that the stored hardware profile doesn't match the current profile in CUE. This happens every time, regardless of whether I hit Save or Cancel.

• 1 month later...
I tried the color pulse and after I compiled and ran it the lights were pulsing but the +- didn't work. Then I tried the +- next to the top row of numbers and those worked so basically try it but don't use the num-pad. Use the minus next to zero and shift-plus.

Archived