Corsair Community

Msi bios?

wolfyboy359

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So I am trying to update to the latest bios using the flash utility in the bios itself. I have downloaded the latest bios (1Q9) and put it on a flash drive. I entered the bios and started the flash utility. No matter what I do it does not see the bios on the flash drive. I have tried many different ways of putting the bios on the drive. I just copied the bios over to the flash drive and tried putting it in the root directory and copying the whole folder I downloaded over. No luck. I also tried running the program in the folder I downloaded containing the bios. It exits with some error to fast for me to read. Any suggestions?

Quick update: I tried the MSI bios update utility in windows, I believe it was called LiveUpdate6. It said my bios was up to date and didn't need updating. I am confused by this since my bios and the "new" one on the MSI website have different names and dates.....

• 7 months later...

Bit of a necro here - is the fan curve the only difference? Would the MSI BIOS otherwise be functional in the Bulldog mobo, or will I brick the Bulldog if I try to flash the MSI BIOS?

(A better question may be : will the Bulldog board even let me flash the MSI BIOS?)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Is there a trick to updating to the new bios? I loaded it onto a usb stick and rebooted into the bios, then went to mflash mode. It sees the usb stick but not the file? It is formated in fat32. What am I doing wrong? Is there a special usb port one has to use?

• 3 months later...

@riccatizhg - I had to update the bios using a efi shell. I created a usb drive and booted to the usb drive. I was then able to successfully update the bios. There is more info on doing this here:

https://us.msi.com/faq_new/answer/A1493283886996/Q1494231093476

use method #3 to update the bios.

I had to reset the bios with the button on the back of the pc after I finished. But you might be able to get into the bios and do a reset there like the above instructions say. Good Luck!!

PS_ Be sure to use the bios in the post you mentioned above.

Edited by wolfyboy359

• 1 year later...
@riccatizhg - I had to update the bios using a efi shell. I created a usb drive and booted to the usb drive. I was then able to successfully update the bios. There is more info on doing this here:

https://us.msi.com/faq_new/answer/A1493283886996/Q1494231093476

use method #3 to update the bios.

I had to reset the bios with the button on the back of the pc after I finished. But you might be able to get into the bios and do a reset there like the above instructions say. Good Luck!!

PS_ Be sure to use the bios in the post you mentioned above.

I am having the same issue as others in this thread. The link above is dead any chance you could elaborate a bit on how you got this done?

I am having the same issue as others in this thread. The link above is dead any chance you could elaborate a bit on how you got this done?

Well it has been a long time and I don't really recall completely. I can point you to the msi website. Using an alternate method to update my bios I was able to do so. I had some help from msi support. They were really good and helped me even though it is not their product. Be sure to use the correct bios and not an msi bios, though. And reset after updating. Wish I could help more, sorry.:[pouts: