Corsair Community

Bulldog 2 M.2?

Necros

I'm hoping to get a Bulldog 2 for my next system. Does anyone know if the motherboard has a M.2 slot? I've seen a bunch of review and build videos but no one ever mentions it. I'd like to have a smallish M.2 as my system drive, and save the drive space in the case for storage drive(s). I know a lot of the new ITX boards have a M.2 on the flip side, so would I have to take the motherboard out first.. but I wasn't sure if this one has it or not since it was custom made... I'd rather just leave the board in place if it definitely doesn't have a slot...

Also, is the Bulldog 2 available now? I saw I could buy it on Corsair's online store, but I haven't seen it for sale anywhere else like Amazon or Newegg... so I'm assuming that's more like a pre-order?

According to the product specs it does have an M.2 slot on the bottom. That was a concern of mine as well, but even with that slot, i'm going to hold off. I'd prefer to have a Ryzen based system, and no one has responded to that question I posted yesterday about a Bulldog barebones with Ryzen MB.

Don’t know how much of a hassle it would be but I’m sure you could just swap the motherboard for any ITX board out there, so you could get a rizen board and then sell the intel one on ebay. I like how it also comes with the cooler and PSU but I do wish they would sell just the case separately.

Hello, what Corsair Bulldog spec are you looking at? I ask because here in the U.K. you can get a couple of specs with different ITX boards. Mine came from the USA and had a Z170 Gigabyte board in it, with an m.2 but I swapped it out with an Asus Z170i gaming, which has m.2'on the back. It's easy to replace the motherboard, just 4 screws.

You can essentially fit any ITX board, you just need to be careful that the H5 SF cooler will fit on top (close with my new Asus Z270i Strix which has 2xm.2 slots, 1 front and 1 back. The front one is passively cooled by the SB Board cover.

With the Bulldog 2.0, it has a new cooler, the H6 SF. That should fit way better in terms of mobo height.

Archived