Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2020, 04:59 AM
xsmeagle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034993
xsmeagle Reputation: 10
Default iCUE constant crashing problem with new update

So I have just updated to the latest iCUE software update and it would constantly crash when opening after about 3-4 seconds. I tried every fix and re-installing etc I could find online. I finally found a thread who said they uninstalled aura sync and it fixed iCUE. I have now uninstalled Aura Sync and which fixed iCUE and is now working. The issue is when I re-install Aura Sync, iCUE doesn't work again. So I can't have both running at the same time.

In order to set my hardware's RGB, I require both to be run at the same time (never use to have issues with the old iCUE before updating). Is there going to be a hotfix as I can't be the only one with this problem.

EDIT* I am running version 3.25.60 for iCUE
Old 02-14-2020, 09:53 AM
AdSheRun's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035013
AdSheRun Reputation: 10
Default Soultion

I had the same issue and here's how I fixed it:
With the new update, Corsair added the ASUS plugin so if you downloaded it manually (like I did) you need to delete the old folder.
In order to fix it you need to get to the Corsair plugin folder (which is located in the Corsair installation folder) and delete the "ASUS Plugin" folder. Make sure that you see in the "plugins" folder the new "Asus" folder for the plugin after you deleted the old one.

Hope I helped :)
Old 02-14-2020, 09:29 PM
Squ33zy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035063
Squ33zy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdSheRun View Post
With the new update, Corsair added the ASUS plugin so if you downloaded it manually (like I did) you need to delete the old folder.
In order to fix it you need to get to the Corsair plugin folder (which is located in the Corsair installation folder) and delete the "ASUS Plugin" folder. Make sure that you see in the "plugins" folder the new "Asus" folder for the plugin after you deleted the old one.

Worked for me! It even stopped my Ironclaw crashing and making my macros unusable
Old 02-14-2020, 09:51 PM
xsmeagle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035066
xsmeagle Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdSheRun View Post

Actually a life saver haha, i just moved the asus plugin folder out to my desktop to test and it appears to be working now. This was literally bugging me for hours. Lesson learnt, never update to the latest software.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:18 PM
Cookiez's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1044400
Cookiez Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsmeagle View Post
So I have just updated to the latest iCUE software update and it would constantly crash when opening after about 3-4 seconds. I tried every fix and re-installing etc I could find online. I finally found a thread who said they uninstalled aura sync and it fixed iCUE. I have now uninstalled Aura Sync and which fixed iCUE and is now working. The issue is when I re-install Aura Sync, iCUE doesn't work again. So I can't have both running at the same time.

In order to set my hardware's RGB, I require both to be run at the same time (never use to have issues with the old iCUE before updating). Is there going to be a hotfix as I can't be the only one with this problem.

EDIT* I am running version 3.25.60 for iCUE
Thank You!!!! This saved my life, I kept trying to repair the software, which would work 1/5 times

Tags
broken, icue crashing