Corsair Community

Can not mount Samsung 2tb SSD card in tray Corsair 200t rgb

charlesecollins

The card is too thick. It does not allow the tray to be put back on. It does screw into the tray holes OK.

I have been searching for days to find a tray that would work, but no luck.

I am using the HDD trays for HDD, so can not put an adapter for SSD in there.

I can not find an additional HDD tray/hanger for the case either. I found a 3.5 mounting tray at BestBuy for Corsair, but where do I mount it inside the case? And it is ONLY a tray, holes in bottom and sides. The manual is too hard to read, the print being too small to read even with a magnifying glass. It only shows moving the original hanger in the case via a tiny picture that says basically nothing. I don't just want to leave the card hanging off the cords!

Anyone? Thanks.

Correct. The tray surrounds the SSD card except the card is about 2 times the height of the tray, so sticks up blocking the tabs and screw down from meeting the case to be reseated. I thought there might be a double height tray. Haven't found one. Then I started looking for another 2.5 / 3.5 disk hanger to put inside the case, as the "manual" shows moving the one at the bottom inside, but WITHOUT any indication of how to mount it there! Also could not find ANY HDD cages for the 200t rgb case.

i wonder if you did not install the SSD on the wrong side of the SSD bracket. I have seen a user having this same issue recently. the bracket does not cover the SSD. The SSD is screwed on the outside of the bracket.

OK, you are absolutely correct! I was doing the wrong side of the mount. From the manual, it is impossible to discover this with old eyes.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!