Corsair Community

X series problem macbook pro..

doh11

I'm having a problem with the X series 256ssd that i had purchased from amazon. Whats wrong is that when booting up the system the computer won't start stay's on a gray screen, and having to restart like 5-10 times :mad: in order to boot up properly. I reset the pram and then it works but the next day the same thing happens. any thoughts anyone? thanks:biggrin:

• Corsair Employee
I would not suggest using our X-Series drives with any OEM system especially and Apple or Mac. I would talk to the reseller and see if they will let you return that and get our Performance Series SSD instead.

I would not suggest using our X-Series drives with any OEM system especially and Apple or Mac. I would talk to the reseller and see if they will let you return that and get our Performance Series SSD instead.

Really why is that? Also i don't think they would do that anymore. I also dont have the box, maybe Corsair will send me one in return of the x series? LOL

• Corsair Employee
Really why is that?

A: The answer is why are you asking for help with your drive?

Also i don't think they would do that anymore. I also dont have the box, maybe Corsair will send me one in return of the x series? LOL

A: You can get the RMA number then contact our customer service and see if they can help you.

I'm having a problem with the X series 256ssd that i had purchased from amazon. Whats wrong is that when booting up the system the computer won't start stay's on a gray screen, and having to restart like 5-10 times :mad: in order to boot up properly. I reset the pram and then it works but the next day the same thing happens. any thoughts anyone? thanks:biggrin:

I have exactly the same problem.

I cant return it to the dealer because the package has been unwrapped. As he said "the disk works on PC.. must be a mac problem".

Im REALLY angry that i've bought a x256.

What can i do??? Why doesnt Corsair fix the problem???

Regards Michael

• Corsair Employee
The problem is not something that can be fixed on the drive as it is not a problem with the drive. I would suggest getting the RMA # then call in and talk to our customer service and see if they can help or just use the drive in a desktop system.

Archived