Corsair Community

K95 Platinum - Left CTRL not working

Helios12787

So just got my k95 Plat 2 days ago. Everything has been wonderful until today I went to copy/paste something and the left control key wouldn't work (tried ctrl+v, ctrl+c, ctrl alt delete, everything). The right control key works fine.

Then out of nowhere it worked for a few minutes then back to nothing.

Used a key test I found online and it recognizes it being pressed / responsive even while its not working.

Really hoping I don't just have a bum control key switch but any ideas?

Restarted my PC and it worked for a little bit, then just out of nowhere it stopped working again after about 5 minutes. Really at a loss here.

EDIT: When using the cue software to create a macro (since it displays the keystrokes) the control key isn't recognized at all when pressing it.

EDIT 2: Downloaded switch hitter and it doesn't recognize the control key being pressed when it is not functioning, but when it decides to work it shows as being pressed and begins working.

Just seems completely random as it'll work one second and then the next it stops.

EDIT 3: Seems that clearing the onboard storage enables it (don't know if permanent or temporary will report back)

EDIT 4: Resetting the onboard memory does cause the left control key to work temporarily. It varies on amount of time but once it "breaks" it just randomly works here and there until the memory is reset again.

Edited by Helios12787

• 1 month later...

Downloaded switch hitter and it doesn't recognize the control key being pressed when it is not functioning, but when it decides to work it shows as being pressed and begins working.

Just seems completely random as it'll work one second and then the next it stops.

You are describing the behavior when the keyswitch may have gotten dirt, dust, or grit in it; the "switch hitter" helps determine if physical contact is being made--people usually use compressed air to blow out any grime to help the keyboard switches make more consistent contact.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...