Corsair Community

Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero and Corsair DDR4-3000 RAM

Hotrod

Hi all

I have returned after a hiatus of over 10 years and finally built my new system. I am using an Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero motherboard with Intel's Z490 chipset and Corsair DDR4-3000Mhz - CMK32GX4M2D3000C16 and am simply requesting the steps to enter the timings of 15 15 15 36 in the BIOS.

NOTE: I am not overclocking and have already told the BIOS its DDR4-3000Mhz, however need guidance entering these values to ensure the RAM is running optimally. The BIOS version is 0607 (latest). Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: I decided to purchase 64GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB - DDR4 3600 and enabled XMP2 in the BIOS - no issues.

Edited by Hotrod

• Corsair Employee
There is no need to manually input anything, just enable the XMP that contains all of the specifications (frequency, programmed timings and voltage).

Correct. Apply XMP/DOCP in BIOS should automatically change the necessary settings for your kit. Occasionally you may need to tweak a few settings manually depending on your system config, in which case I'd recommend looking up a guide for your CPU/motherboard chipset.

There is no need to manually input anything, just enable the XMP that contains all of the specifications (frequency, programmed timings and voltage).

The problem is this specific Corsair RAM does not support XMP profiles officially on the packaging, so wouldn't this mean the ram is not running as optimally as manually entered settings?

• Corsair Employee
The problem is this specific Corsair RAM does not support XMP profiles officially on the packaging, so wouldn't this mean the ram is not running as optimally as manually entered settings?

You can certainly enter the settings you want manually, though this kit definitely does support XMP to save you time. :)

Not sure about the packaging but the product page clearly states XMP 2.0 certified and lists a standard profile for DDR4-2133 and a performance profile (= XMP) for DDR4-3000.

Correct, it should be on the packaging somewhere, though I must admit it's been a while since I've taken a look at packaging for Vengeance LPX.

Not sure about the packaging but the product page clearly states XMP 2.0 certified and lists a standard profile for DDR4-2133 and a performance profile (= XMP) for DDR4-3000.

I can confirm indeed that the packaging does not mention XMP at all, so if it does support it, it should be listed. However I have since upgraded the ram to the Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB - 64GB - DDR4-3600 and enabled XMP2 in the bios and so far so good.

• Corsair Employee
I can confirm indeed that the packaging does not mention XMP at all, so if it does support it, it should be listed. However I have since upgraded the ram to the Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB - 64GB - DDR4-3600 and enabled XMP2 in the bios and so far so good.

Thanks for checking. Glad you've got things up and running regardless.