Corsair Community

How is Corsair going to fit a 3080 or a 3090 into the Corsair One?

zguy85

We're looking at a leaked image of the new NVIDIA 3090 vs a RTX 2080. This card not only looks to be much larger in size, but now TRIPLE bay requirement from before the 2080 and previous C1 generations took only 2 bays.

The question is, will Corsair be redesigning the Corsair One to accommodate the large size of these new cards? Will AMD follow suite with this new large form as well?

Is this now the end of the Corsair One as we know it with its amazing small form factor? Corsair and friends, what are your thoughts of this?

Looking to you now C1 Engineers, lets see if you can do it again.

N7eak6ju5d7krwncMgnFvF-650-80.jpg

Edited by zguy85

Length wise I think it will fit, the card on the bottom is shorter than the card that is in the Corsair One right now.

I think the bigger issue may be the width of the unit plus the cooler. The current cooling solution may also not work because IIRC there is another chip on the other side that needs cooling as well (traversal co-processor)

If we want these cards we are probably going to have to wait for aftermarket open loop coolers for these cards and do custom loops for the Corsair One.

Even if they do release a 3080 version of the Corsair one, I won't be buying it. I'm not going to spend 3-4k on a machine that they don't sell spare parts for or support in any meaningful way.

My Corsair One i160 is by far, hands down, no question the best PC I've ever owned. No close second.

BUT, limited upgrade options is a big downside. I know that comes with the territory - it's a prebuilt in a unique enclosure - but it is a concern when it comes to buying another one.

Now, if they sold a 3080 upgrade kit, I'd buy one in a second, even at a premium.

They don't even sell replacement parts, I highly doubt they are going to offer an upgrade kit.

At a minimum that would require R&D to ensure adequate cooling and simple installation steps. There isn't enough of a market for it to be worth the amount of money they'd have to put into it.

The Corsair One has been an awesome system (size, noise, performance) - the best I have ever owned as well - and it would be a sad day if the 30** series signals the end of the line.

As an aside, I also wonder how a real mobile version of these cards is going to be possible without so crippling them that they are a 30** series in name only.

I really wonder if Nvidia, in the push for another big leap as they had with the 10** and 20** series, has mis-stepped here.

Here's wishing Corsair can pull off a miracle ;)

After taking the massive fan shield off, the card itself is actually smaller that ever before.

It should be pretty easy for those willing to upgrade. (20 series systems) Not too sure about the 10 series systems as the pump hoses are shorter.

If Corsair would ever provide "GPU upgrade kit" for i160, I would definitely buy one.

Machine is itself is very solid.

If Not, I guess I will probably switch back to DIY path, no point to buy full new machine, just to upgrade GPU.

Edited by Etz

I absolutely love mine and would only upgrade if they released the Corsair one with a 3090 in a heartbeat or the very least the 3080 (or 3080ti if one comes along).

The i160 is the best pc I’ve had and that includes machines I’ve spent a long time putting together, I would hate for it to come to an end.

• 2 months later...
I was planning to take a Corsair One with a 2080 Ti but I will wait for a Corsair One with a 3080/3090, I hope they will finally give up hard disks to have 2 SSDs

I'm with you 100%. I was going to Buy a Corsair One a100 w a 2080 GPU, but everything I read says the 3000 Series is the biggest generational Leap Forward for NVIDIA - moreover the 3070 & 3080 are HALF THE PRICE of the 2080ti! (And rumor has it, they run cooler & quieter.)

You nailed it on the 2 SSDs also. I just don't have time to wait for an HDD...

Corsair, you've got a real Gem in this quiet & Powerful compact PC.

The sooner you offer a 3000 GPU upgrade, the sooner I'll likely buy one.

Just please respect our wallets. The Corsair One a100 is already widely known as expensive. And while I wish you guys the profits, salary bumps , and best in general, I also want to be able to afford one of these things! :-)

And especially in these times, people have limits on what they can spend for luxury items. Cheers! -j

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

Is there any news on a Corsair One with an RTX3080 ?

I really want an upgratable PC but i fall i love with this Corsair One, this engineering have no equal, there is no compact PC like this. I'm waiting for your last build (if it won't be too late) and i'm hopping they will correct the only default it has. Even if we wants a compact PC, we could accept something a bit larger, if it become reusable. It's a lot of money for something hard to upgrate/maintain.

Corsair One PC could be THE windows PC like Apple is for macOS. It is not only the more efficient (power vs size) but the design sober and elegante is unique.

Just one small default to be a best seller i think.

Corsair isn't interested in making this system upgradable or maintainable. They don't even sell replacement parts. Support is abysmal at best./

I'm also pretty sure the product has been abandoned. We all have expensive paperweights now.

I loved corsair products, but never buying anything from Corsair again. You did this to yourselves.

• Corsair Employee
The Corsair One is most definitely not abandoned. We are always listening to our customers feedback and trying to incorporate great ideas. While we don't have anything to announced at this time, please always feel free to voice your thoughts and ideas here.

The Corsair One remains an incredible design and impressive bit of engineering. Just watch a few videos about other ITX builds (prebuilt and DIY). There are some that match the cooling performance of the C1, but they also tend to be louder. Or vice versa. The thermal/acoustic profile of the C1 is unmatched.

I expect fitting (and even finding) 30-series GPUs will be a challenge. Here's hoping they stick with it. I'd hate to see the best PC enclosure ever disappear into history.