Corsair Community

Tr3x6g1600c7 g

DaEnigma

I was having trouble getting mine to run stable at the rated timings. With no overclock on my i7 920 I could do 7-7-7-20 fine at 1600. With any overclock of my i7 it wouldn't post at those timings at frequency above 1200, voltage at 1.64v. The uncore frequency was correct and bumping up the qpi/vtt voltage didn't help. I finally changed the timings to 8-8-8-20 and things seemed to work. Should I be able to do 7-7-7-20 at 1600 with the i7 overclocked? I tried a whole range of settings from 3.0 to 3.8 with 19 and 20 multipliers.

• Corsair Employee
Not really if you are over clocking the CPU that will automatically over clock the memory as well and because the memory controller is in the CPU you may have to relax the settings to get a better O.C. on the CPU.

If I choose to run the above memory at 1600 7-7-7-20 and the processor at 200 baseclock *20 with Turbo enabled how much QPI should I start with? (This is the new C7 G set with the blue label, which has no information on the main corsair page)

I have the memory set at 1.65 (via XMP profile) when I set it to 1.64 in bios the pc would bluescreen with a 9c or 50 stop code. The QPI/vtt is set to 1.35 via the XMP also. with these settings I get a 124 stop code error before even getting into windows.

Even at with the processor at the stock 2.66 I get the stupid 124 error with the XMP profile set.

My system is in my profile as requested.

(keep in mind that I have a D0 stepping 920 S-spec:SLBEJ FPO/Batch #3844A716)

• 2 weeks later...

Not any longer... I do wish I would have gotten an official QPI setting response, but oh well...

I have the QPI set to 1.4350v and the processor set to 1.3000v (shows 1.285 while in windows) @ 200bclk *21 for 4.2ghz, memory @1600 7-7-7-20 with mem set at 1.66v (the board undervolts so the memory is actually running at 1.64850).

I hit 79c when running linX 64 8 threads X20... Keep in mind it is 27c in the house.

I guess I just have a D0 which needs more QPI, but I am still trying to tweak the memory.

I would also check out this forum for more GigaByte info:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/

• Corsair Employee
I do wish I would have gotten an official QPI setting response, but oh well...

DaEnigma I tried to explain that to you before, there is no set QPI Voltage except for what is set at Default and it will vary with the CPU you use Just don't go over 1.65 Volts on the memory and do not go over about 1.7 Volts for QPI Voltage

• 3 weeks later...

I have same setup and I can't boot with 200 BCLK when the ram timmings are set to 7-7-7-20, it will boot if I change the timmings to 8-8-8-24, memory is already downclocked to 1066 before going to 200 BCLK .... 200BCLK x 20 would make the ram to run @ 1600 but can't get it to boot @ 200BCLK, it gives me continuous beeps, 199 BCLK boots fine, I tried to bump all voltage but didn't help

memory works fine without OC @ 1600 7-7-7-20 at stock settings

Archived