Corsair Community

Upcoming QL120mm Case

firebat559

Is there any indication of an upcoming corsair case that will be decked out with the QL120mm fans and preferentially without smoked tempered glass? I find that it diminshes the RGB profile.

Thoughts on a good case with vertical GPU support?

Currently considering Lian Li O11 D XL but i'm not sold and would prefer a case by corsair

Since vertical GPU brackets are a thing, just take any case you like and slap one of those in - assuming you don't need the other PCIe slots. Personally, I like the 2 chamber design that hides all the unnecessary junk like your PSU away and you can install fans (and a rad) over the whole length of the bottom side so the 680x would be my choice. I'm not into big cases tho, so I'm using its smaller brother the 280x.

The 680x comes with the added benefit of including a vertical GPU mount so you don't have to spend extra money and might be able to use all the other PCIe slots, but it's really close to the side panel so unless you watercool your GPU I wouldn't recommend using that but resort to a bracket so you won't starve your card for air.

tl;dr - doesn't matter just choose the one you like most and get a GPU mount.

If you have a 3 slot designed GPU, You will not be able to mount it against the glass. You will have zero airflows as it will be too close to the glass. A 2 slot works great. A 2 1/2 slot card will be pushing the limits though.

@ Infin1tum, the dual chamber is nice but the PSU heats up like mad as it has zero airflows on the side for your drives. That was the biggest drawback to that case I saw in it. Then the not really high airflow was a letdown.

If they would have made the front glass easy to remove. Like the top glass it would have been great. 4 or 6 big screws to remove the glass. No one wants to take that many screws out to remove glass for better airflow though. It is what it is though.

Edited by KILLER_K

That's because you have a 1kw PSU. I run a HX1200i and the fans never started even once since i installed it.

Other people using lower power PSUs with lower efficiency ratings will have this chamber warm up gently, even more with spinning drives, and the CPU backplate radiates quite a bit too, right on the drives.

The O11D XL is a solid solution, but remember that the vertical mount bracket is sold separate. That's like a 40 - 50$ to add.

As for the 680X i wouldn't recommend using the vertical mount at all.

As Killer stated, on air cooling the GPU has basically no air to cool off, and even on watercooling, with the weight of heavy blocks and backplates plus tubing, the card just sags down because the case steel is too thin. So you'll have to use an anti sag bracket even with this mounting option.