Corsair Community

M65 Pro RGB causing FPS drops in games after downloading CUE/updating firmware.

jbutler466

About a month ago, my mouse was working fine. I always stayed above 200 FPS on my favourite game, CS:GO. I downloaded CUE in hope of customising my mouse LEDs. I'm not sure if it was installing CUE or updating the mouse firmware that did it, but after that I started lagging in most games. I didn't lag at all until I moved the mouse the slightest bit. I tried other mouses and they work fine. This mouse has been working amazingly for 11 months up until this point. Everytime I inch my mouse the slightest in a game, the FPS drops to 1 and goes back up. I actually made a video showing the lag:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiafRypswHE&t[/ame]

The lag since then has actually gotten worse. I'm confident that CUE did something to my mouse.

My firmware version is 2.06 and my CUE is 2.21.67. I've never stumbled across anyone who has had the same issue as me and actually had the problem solved. If anyone could help me out, that'd be grand. I literally can't play with any other mouse as I'm too attached to my M65.

OK. That one is something of a known issue with the EVGA GPU tool. Since we are all using CUE and mouse, it isn’t that pairing. It is more likely an interaction between CUE and something else you are running. There is rather long Steam/CUE FPS drop thread, but I have never experienced it in 4 years on either CUE 1 or 2.

If you quit CUE, do the drops stop in CS:Go? Obviously not helpful for the stated goal, but has value for troubleshooting.

Does this happen in other games or applications?

OK. That one is something of a known issue with the EVGA GPU tool. Since we are all using CUE and mouse, it isn’t that pairing. It is more likely an interaction between CUE and something else you are running. There is rather long Steam/CUE FPS drop thread, but I have never experienced it in 4 years on either CUE 1 or 2.

If you quit CUE, do the drops stop in CS:Go? Obviously not helpful for the stated goal, but has value for troubleshooting.

Does this happen in other games or applications?

I have uninstalled CUE multiple times. And yes, it lags on every game or application I play. The drops are now consistent with my mouse, whether CUE is on or not. I'm confident that CUE has something to do with this issue. Every game works fine when I use a different mouse.

Archived