Corsair Community

Why does the Corsair 100X cost less than Corsair H100i

Imri112

I recently purchased corsair's H100x and put an i7 8700K on it, reaching about 60-65c in a game and 30-35 idle, cooler seems great. The question is why does it cost less than the H100i and what is the difference between them? Can anybody provide some answers? Thanks :)

Hmmm ... looks like a 120mm version of the H75 (2018). I must say, I completely missed the release of that one as well.

From what I can see on the product page, that cooler isn't RGB and it doesn't have iCue integration. So that would be why it's less expensive.

• Corsair Employee
If the only thing that makes it cheaper is "RGB" and "iCue integration" so I'm totally fine with having this one...

You lose out on pump / fan control, in comparison to the H100i/Pro. If you don't mind this, you're not losing out on anything. :D:

Ah, I see now. Well that has been out for quite a while as well. I think the reason some of us were unaware is it's not available in the US. That in combination with the cold plate design, tells me the OEM. That is a difference as well, but most certainly not a negative. The fans have a different design are going to be louder than the ML-Quiet that come with the PRO series, but fans can be changed and should not be the basis of purchase for most people anyway. Aside from all of the above, I like it. If there has been one in 280mm form when I put this kit together last year, I might have deliberately opted for it. I like the all black and white LED. I set my PRO to white most of the time anyway. Absolutely no reason not to recommend it as a strong cooler, just without fan control and RGB. So like every other cooler made before 2017.

Archived