Corsair Community

Temperature problems? 16GB RGB Pro 3600 DDR4

ItsDoe

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for your time and advice.

I've just built a new Corsair heavy system.

Case is Icue 465x with an additional 3 LL120 RGB fans.

My issue is that my RAM temps seem high.

They sit at idle or just web surfing at around 54C but for example when I run a game like Control or BF5 they peak at 82 and generally sit at least mid 70's with fans running 100 percent.

CPU temp is ok, GPU temp is ok.

Motherboard is an ASUS TUF Gaming x570 Plus Wifi

I have the three fans at the front blowing into the case. Two on the top I've had exhausting or blowing, makes no difference and the rear fan is always exhausting.

I've tried disabling software control in Icue and I've tried with Icue on in the background, or closed down.

I enable to XMP in bios to make it recognise at 3600 and the voltage is 1.35

Also temperatures are being recorded in MSI Afterburner, and I've updated the firmware for the memory in ICue.

Any ideas please? This temperature must be too high surely?

Edited by ItsDoe

It seems high to me (assuming this isn't Fahrenheit). It is drastically different than my Dominator RGB packed 4 tight. The 465x is not so big that there is a huge distance between top fans and RAM. That should be all you need to keep temps well inside normal levels. Those do not seem normal.

1) I don't see RAM temp in my Afterburner monitoring choice list. Can you verify these temps in iCUE?

2) I would like to see some temp data from other Vengeance Pro owners. I know they are a bit warmer than the Domiantor heat sink, but the only other time I have seen someone report those temps was in the middle of that absurd European heat wave last Summer. Record room temps lead to record system temps. This seems unlikely at the moment, but give us a general room temp and case ambient temp if possible.

3) Related to the above, GPU heat coming off the backplate is a real factor. However, it should not be at idle. Just be aware of this possibility when examining data.

• 5 months later...

A bump up because i have the same problem.

Ik have the Vengeance LPX x2 16gb 3200MHz.

First I tried the auto setting in the bios for the MHz (lowering it to 21xx MHz ish). But still getting 80+ °C. While my GPU has 70ish °C and my CPU 60ish °C.

Idle it's also too high.

So it's not the setting in the Bios, default has the same issue.

Now it's already high, see attachment.

Thanks in advance for any reply. I am afraid to load up a game :(.

temp.png.36d423c4b3182d0af82fbe9e6ea8c654.png

A bump up because i have the same problem.

Ik have the Vengeance LPX x2 16gb 3200MHz.

First I tried the auto setting in the bios for the MHz (lowering it to 21xx MHz ish). But still getting 80+ °C. While my GPU has 70ish °C and my CPU 60ish °C.

Idle it's also too high.

So it's not the setting in the Bios, default has the same issue.

Now it's already high, see attachment.

Thanks in advance for any reply. I am afraid to load up a game :(.

Just as with the OP - the missing variable is the internal case temp. We know nothing about the overall cooling of your system or the thermal environment. Temps are always going to be relative; looking at them in isolation to other variables is pointless and meaningless. 65C for mem temp isn't unusual if your internal case temp is 40-45C. It would be unusual if your internal case temp is 20C.

The room temp is 21C, I don't know about case temp.

The thing is what i am seeing is the memory temp is always above the CPU and GPU temp, idle and on load.

I am also reading on the internets that maybe it's not my ram temp but GPU memory . I'm monitoring from msi afterburner :p: :rofl:.

I have a kit of 2 16gb vengeance rgb pro and even with slow fans speed they neve exceed 37 - 38°C under load.

The LPX they replaced didn't have temperature sensor but they were barely warm to the touch.

RAM shouldn't heat up really, heatsinks are mostly aesthetics, but a side effect is those heatsinks will capture ambient heat pretty well if the case is too hot.. like.. if surrounded by a hot GPU backplate and a hot CPU, and no direct airflow on them.

that said.. 80+ is scary.. that would be like over 60° ambient temp in the case.

But if it's MSI Afterburner, yea that's GPU memory and that makes way more sense :p