Corsair Community

Question about daisy-chaining RGB LED devices...

jbarker4682

So reading Zotty's guide as well as the Commander Pro manual, it sounds like I can use the LED ports 1-2 for connecting LED strips directly or via the Lighting Node Pro, or connect fans via the LED Hub...

However, I can't find any mention of where to connect the Pump / CPU block LED cables... If I use port #1 on the Commander Pro for my LED Fan Hub, can I daisy-chain my CPU block to the Pump, and then connect the Pump to port #2, or do I have to get a second LED Hub or Lighting Node Pro to act as an intermediary?

AIO coolers do not require a separate lighting channel. All their on board lighting is handled through the SATA power connector for the unit and then lighting control through the device's own tab in iCUE. A USB 2 connection is required for software control.

Hydro X custom cooling is a different story. Those parts do require a lighting channel, but then also can daisy chain through each other to keep it to 1 channel. This is also somewhat useful in sequencing the central lighting effects (Pump/Res -> CPU block -> GPU or vice versa).