Corsair Community

New PC unexpectedly shutting down

ktattan

I just bought and assembled a new PC which is shutting down from time to time unexpectedly.

The PC shuts down either when the GPU is in moderate usage or no usage at all (so basically randomly shuts down whenever) and I am not overclocking the CPU. What's also strange is that the RAM and cooler fans RGB lighting, as well as some motherboard LED's stay on after shut down. I have already checked CPU and GPU temperatures and these never go above 60C (I am doing some light machine learning, no gaming). So I don't think it's an overheating issue. In addition, the system is brand new and kept in a spacious well ventilated area, so there is absolutely no dust anywhere inside or around the case.

Not shown in my system specs is the AIO CPU cooling system - which is the Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum (yes, I used plenty of thermal paste between the cooling block and CPU heat spreader).

I bought these parts on Newegg, many of which came from the US and I am now using them in the UK. I feel the PSU is definitely powerful enough for this system at 1200W, but I am unsure if using a wall adapter for US to UK plugs is causing the issue or if it's something else.

Can anyone advise steps I could take to check what would be causing the issue to fix it?

Edited by ktattan

I just bought and assembled a new PC which is shutting down from time to time unexpectedly.

The PC shuts down either when the GPU is in moderate usage or no usage at all (so basically randomly shuts down whenever) and I am not overclocking the CPU. What's also strange is that the RAM and cooler fans RGB lighting, as well as some motherboard LED's stay on after shut down. I have already checked CPU and GPU temperatures and these never go above 60C (I am doing some light machine learning, no gaming). So I don't think it's an overheating issue. In addition, the system is brand new and kept in a spacious well ventilated area, so there is absolutely no dust anywhere inside or around the case.

Not shown in my system specs is the AIO CPU cooling system - which is the Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum (yes, I used plenty of thermal paste between the cooling block and CPU heat spreader).

I bought these parts on Newegg, many of which came from the US and I am now using them in the UK. I feel the PSU is definitely powerful enough for this system at 1200W, but I am unsure if using a wall adapter for US to UK plugs is causing the issue or if it's something else.

Can anyone advise steps I could take to check what would be causing the issue to fix it?

Excessive thermal material can make the CPU run hot. The material needs to be very thin on the order of 1 micron.

A tiny 1/2 BB drop is already too much