Corsair Community

iCue Crashing for Dashboard

Troyhe98

Every time I click on the Dashboard within iCue the program crashes. I am using the most recent version of iCue (3.15.101),but this has happened with every version since I started using it 6+ months ago. All my Corsair firmware devices are up-to-date, Windows 10 Pro is up-to-date (v10.0.17763 Build 17763) and I don't see any issues in device manager. I have also uninstalled any/all other hardware monitoring solution (eg. CPUID, HWMonitor, etc.).

I would like to try a complete uninstall of iCue, but I don't want to loose any of my custom settings/profiles I have. How do I back those up and reimport them? I am hoping a clean install will fix the problem.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Go to C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden folder)/Roaming/Corsair and copy that entire folder to the desktop or other safe location. Inside the Corsair folder is the iCUE folder and within that is all of your settings, images, etc. After installing the program again, drop the Corsair folder back into the Roaming folder before starting iCUE.

However, I have some concerns the issue may be related to something in your settings. The "dashboard crash" thing is not a common issue and for it to continue through all this time likely means the bug/glitch/error is being copied into each new version of iCUE from your saved settings. You might see what happens before dropping the Corsair folder back in. You might be able to surgically remove the dashboard set-up file, but I need to verify which one to delete.

**Make sure you reboot after uninstalling the current iCUE and before installing the new one.

Edited by c-attack

Go to C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden folder)/Roaming/Corsair and copy that entire folder to the desktop or other safe location. Inside the Corsair folder is the iCUE folder and within that is all of your settings, images, etc. After installing the program again, drop the Corsair folder back into the Roaming folder before starting iCUE.

However, I have some concerns the issue may be related to something in your settings. The "dashboard crash" thing is not a common issue and for it to continue through all this time likely means the bug/glitch/error is being copied into each new version of iCUE from your saved settings. You might see what happens before dropping the Corsair folder back in. You might be able to surgically remove the dashboard set-up file, but I need to verify which one to delete.

**Make sure you reboot after uninstalling the current iCUE and before installing the new one.

@c-attack, your concern was validated! I uninstalled iCue, but kept user settings and the issue persisted. When I uninstalled iCue and deleted all user settings, the dashboard no longer causes iCue to crash. Interesting enough, I copied the entire C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden folder)/Roaming/Corsair into the fresh install and there is no longer any crashing.

Hmmm ... it's odd that you copied the old files back and there's no longer any crashing. But good - I won't argue with it.

If ever you want to just wipe out the Dashboard settings, they are stored in the widgets folder in the widgetsMetaData file.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...