Corsair Community

Unable to run the k95 or m95 setup software

Supitscal

Hi, I just today received both my k95 and m95, and both are working mostly fine, the one issue being that I cannot seem to enter the setup software downloaded from the Corsair website for either of them.

After starting the setup software and selecting my language, when trying to advance further, I am prompted with the message,

"Cannot find the Corsair M95 mouse, plug the M95 mouse into a USB port!"

A similar message is displayed when attempting to use the setup software for the k95. These messages show up despite me using both the keyboard and mouse without the software.

When Plugging both the K95 and M95 into my computer, Windows says that it has successfully detected both of them, although the setup software cannot, so I am confused as to why there is an issue. I am currently able to use both of them, but can't enter any software.

I have tried re-downloading the drivers, and rearranging the USB cables that are all directly plugged into my laptop, not connected to any sort of USB hub or such, so could it be that my laptop's native USB ports aren't capable of detecting them for one reason or another? I am currently using windows 7 32-bit if that is of any help.

I am able to run the firmware update for the M95, and it says that the update was successful when finishing. I have also skimmed through the documentation provided, and can't seem to find any issues that might cause this.

Any help is muchly appreciated, and thank you very much in advance.

I attached it to another computer and everything works fine there, so I assume the problem has to do with the "device manager" on my computer having no entries in it? I'm currently trying to fix the issue with the device manager, but i'm having little luck so far.

Archived