Corsair Community

iCue (and other RGB software) compared: iCue needs the most work

donalgodon

I was just going to post the same video so thanks for sharing, I use icue, asus aura, and logitech software to control my mouse and mousepad lighting, none of these even compare to icue when it comes to hogging resources to basically do nothing. I have an h100i v2 extreme cooler with static lighting and a basic profile for my keyboard and yet icue thinks it needs enough resources to prevent the cpu idling enough to downclock or allow the voltage to drop, It's always been this way ever since I got the strafe keyboard but every little update adds more and more to the bloat. Maybe if enough people bring this to light they might hire someone who can optimize the software.

I have an MSI z390mpg gaming pro carbon motherboard I don't use any msi software and IICUE keeps the cpu at 4.1 to 44.4 no down clocking until I turn off ICUE then runs like it should in downclocking Hope they adreess this issue soon as I have a lot of corsair stuff in my build

This needs to get more visibility because, as the report shows, it's not the average fps drop that is the main concern, it's the intermittent significant frame delays/drops that are bringing the average down...iCue was by far the worst for this.

Why does iCue (and associated services) intermittently affect frame rendering so significantly?