Corsair Community

Fans included with h115i elite a new product?

Parmenedes

In the product description for the h115i elite, the fans are described as having "eight rgb LED's per fan". They are stated as being "ML RGB Series PWM fans". The only ML rgb fans that appear to be available for purchase (by themselves) on corsair.com are the "ML Pro RGB" fans. I have five (140mm) of those in my current rig - two attached to an h115i pro and three more elsewhere in the case. They all only have four LED's, as described on the product page for those fans, which differs from the description of the fans for the h115i elite. So...

Is the product description for the h115i elite correct when it describes the ML rgb fans included with it as having eight LED's? If so, is this an update on the ML rgb fan line?

I think we are going to have to call them the ML-Elite for now. Definitely 8 LEDs and the corners are full black, without the grey trim of other ML-RGB. They appear to all be the higher RPM versions, like the ML-PRO (2000/2400rpm). There is no listing on the Corsair site as of now. We'll have to see if they become available at retail or if they become like the ML-RGB high speed fans on the Platinum coolers and are only available as a replacement product.

Thanks for the response, c. I know Corsair doesn't talk about upcoming products, but since this product is already out (in some form at least), I was hoping to get some official info on it for clarity. But it looks like you're probably right since no one from Corsair is chiming in here.

I don't know. I am interested. It would seem to address the only two complaints people ever had with the ML-RGB (want faster speed, want better light dispersion). This seems like a clear upgrade to the ML and you would think there would be an interest. However, I was sure they would release the ML-RGB 'high speed' from the Platinum as a stand-alone retail product and that did not happen. I guess we have to wait and see.

Honestly it drives me crazy me that Corsair did not name the fan product differently. Even though it has the same technology, i.e. the magnetic levitation, it would be much easier for the consumer if they name it with a suffix or additional code to differentiate the product (like V1, V2, etc.) instead of just ML RGB. This new iteration besides having different speed rating with the retail ML RGB, now it has different LED counts too. Hopefully people learn to read the specification page, otherwise they will learn the hard way that the additional fans they buy don't match with the fans from the AIO.

Yeah, I'm also not sure if the ML fans that are sold on Corsair.com will even work with the Commander Core. I think you have to have a Commander Pro or at least a Lighting Node Pro due to the connectors and whatnot, which would make it doubly confusing to anyone buying one of the new elite capellix coolers with extra fans that they think will work with the commander core included with the cooler.

Yeah, I'm also not sure if the ML fans that are sold on Corsair.com will even work with the Commander Core. I think you have to have a Commander Pro or at least a Lighting Node Pro due to the connectors and whatnot, which would make it doubly confusing to anyone buying one of the new elite capellix coolers with extra fans that they think will work with the commander core included with the cooler.

I think the retail ML RGB would work with commander core. I watched several videos from early reviewers, you can choose the type of fan attached with commander core. So if you want to mix the 8 LEDs with 4 LEDs ML fans I think it would be like any other lighting setup in the LNP. Choose the 8 LEDs ML and the 4 LEDs ML will also light up, but for certain effects the lighting might be weird & not as intended due to different LED counts.