Corsair Community

Hydro X and commander PRO help

SccobyD00

I have ordered hardware for a new build including Hydro X items for the two custom cooling loops I am wanting to build. I have ordered commander Pro.

I have ordered two XD5 RGB pump/res combos. from what I have been looking it it seems they tell you to connect the res/pump combo to fan port 6. I am wanting to put 2 of them in my system so where do I put the second for it too all work correctly

I have seen when people are wanting extra fans they are having to get a"Y splitter" will this be the same for the pump/res combo? would it work with that?

or..

Do I have to get a second commander Pro just to be able to have the two res/pump combos working correctly together?

Thanks in advance

Edited by SccobyD00

Ah TY!

It threw me with saying the pump had to be put into fan port 6 and the thermo had to be put thermo port 1 in the installation guide...

So I can put the second pump into fan port 5, will the second thermo just go to thermo port 2...still all read ok like that.

Thanks for the help

When you set your fan or pump curves, you can assign any port to be controlled by any sensor you like.

maybe there's requirements to be able to use the hydro-X automatic configuration, but.. you don't have to use it :) When i was using the commander pro, i had my pump on port 4.