The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-17-2020, 07:33 PM
KILLER_K KILLER_K is offline
Registered User
KILLER_K's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 233
POST ID # = 1061788
KILLER_K Reputation: 10
Question 680x warped

I posted in another thread about this a while back.


I thought this is not a normal thing for an expensive case. filed a RMA on it and got back some bad feedback off support for this case.

Quote:
Laurence Peralta (Corsair)

Sep 9, 2020, 14:59 PDT
Good day to you. We've received a feedback from our higher management and has been decided that we'll have a set of case feet sent out for this case. If the case continues to wobble, you may try adding a thin rubber sticker at the bottom of the feet to balance it out or empty the case to see as well if it will continue to wobble.

Your RMA has been approved. The replacement part will ship out to you soon. Please disregard the automated email instructing you to return your product as it is not required. Thank you.

Thank you for choosing Corsair.


I also sent in a few videos of the case rocking. Even removed the feet, filter and filter rails and it still rocked after that. That is what they sent me back for tech support after the two videos.

First off I shouldn't have to shim anything on a $300 case to begin with to make it flat from the factory. They did send new feet when clearly the video should the feet removed and it still was warped, The case was warped out the box before you say I did something to it. I even noted it to Corsair as the back foot had a big scratch on it out the box.

I just wanted some feedback from others on their technical support telling me to shim it to make it work. I for one don't think this is proper feedback or support from Corsair. let me know what you think about this issue.
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 09-19-2020, 10:12 AM
KILLER_K KILLER_K is offline
Registered User
KILLER_K's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 233
POST ID # = 1061965
KILLER_K Reputation: 10
Default

I honestly can't believe that I can't even get 1 single reply for people's opinion in 2 days on this forum with 78 views.

How about a Corsair rep contact me on this matter then? I was hoping that would happen first but nothing seems to be happening.

Last edited by KILLER_K; 09-19-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 09-19-2020, 10:47 AM
LeDoyen LeDoyen is offline
Registered User
LeDoyen's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 473
POST ID # = 1061973
LeDoyen Reputation: 26
Default

Corsair employees don't always answer right away, it's mostly a users forum.
My experience with the 680x was better, it was mostly square.. but i had to push the back plate in order to slot my graphics card. For the price it is VERY flimsy steel, way too thin to my liking. My previous case was of the HAF series from coolermaster, the one that replaced the 680x is the O11XL.. and neither feel this flimsy. Clearly, all the price is on the lighting node and the LL fans.
On top of that, (but that's common across all brands) all screws were overtorqued, adding to the damage.

So yea, pretty case, premium price, entry level quality, didn't keep it a year.
If i were you i'd ask for a refund, not a RMA.
Just my personal experience, expectations may vary.
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 09-19-2020, 09:30 PM
KILLER_K KILLER_K is offline
Registered User
KILLER_K's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 233
POST ID # = 1062024
KILLER_K Reputation: 10
Default

\Thank you for your reply. That is what I was looking for with other user's experience in this case. The warping on the case and the heat on the mechanical drives are very bad. And I'm not even going to get started on the terrible airflow. And have to take out 25 odd screws to get a front glass off is crazy.

The $70 4000 series air case looks like a much better case as you stated we are paying for the 3 ll120 fans for it. They just missed some key features on the case but it is what it is. But I'm just being subjective on it as well. I just hate waiting a month to get an item fixed or replaced by a popular company. Thanks again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDoyen View Post
Corsair employees don't always answer right away, it's mostly a users forum.
My experience with the 680x was better, it was mostly square.. but i had to push the back plate in order to slot my graphics card. For the price it is VERY flimsy steel, way too thin to my liking. My previous case was of the HAF series from coolermaster, the one that replaced the 680x is the O11XL.. and neither feel this flimsy. Clearly, all the price is on the lighting node and the LL fans.
On top of that, (but that's common across all brands) all screws were overtorqued, adding to the damage.

So yea, pretty case, premium price, entry level quality, didn't keep it a year.
If i were you i'd ask for a refund, not a RMA.
Just my personal experience, expectations may vary.

Last edited by KILLER_K; 09-20-2020 at 08:59 AM. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 09-20-2020, 04:53 AM
LeDoyen LeDoyen is offline
Registered User
LeDoyen's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 473
POST ID # = 1062042
LeDoyen Reputation: 26
Default

Well, there's others who love their 680x eh, that was just one user experience :)
I just believe it should have been sold at 100-120$ for the build quality..

When i see what i got with the O11XL for way less money, it felt like a massive rip off. even my old plasticky HAF cube was stiffer.
The case would actually creak from time to time as the loop warmed up and cooled down, it was ridiculous. Every now and then i laid my hand on the case to wiggle it and quiet it down for the next half hour..

The 4000 air does look better for cooling but clearly a lot of cases are better than the 680 anyway.
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 09-20-2020, 11:51 PM
KILLER_K KILLER_K is offline
Registered User
KILLER_K's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 233
POST ID # = 1062146
KILLER_K Reputation: 10
Default

Yes, I agree it was very overpriced for what you get. It is/was different at the time. It is what it is now. After a month of no help from Corsair. I am just going to buy a different replacement case. And put my parts in another case. No one should have to wait a month plus to get a replacement or something actually done from a company.

There is no excuse to be put on a backburner for a month plus and still having to wait to get something replaced, fixed or whatever they need to do at this point and time. The sad part I had this exact same issue with my K95 Platinum. It is like you needed to walk on water to even get support and help for your hardware from Corsair that had issues.

When a company acts like they are doing you a favor by just replying it is pretty much time to move on to another company now. 1 reply maybe in a week or two if that isn't a good sign as well. It is just bad to see a company do this now though.

RIP Corsair 9-20-2020

Last edited by KILLER_K; 09-21-2020 at 01:04 AM.
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 09-21-2020, 10:07 AM
Pocah Pocah is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 160
POST ID # = 1062187
Pocah Reputation: 17
Default

I think with the 680 case they really just fudged it rather than design a proper replacement. The fact that they use a chassis that's the same as the predecessor means to me that they were doing it on the cheap.

Having said that most case chassis will distort if you even pick them up in wrong way, especially if they have lots of glass hanging off the chassis. It's usually pretty easy to push them back in to true.

Replacing panels with glass does leave a case fundamentally weaker and this may have benefited from a chassis redesign - you know, the one that didn't happen!

When all said and done, though, I do think you should have just said on day one "this is not acceptable to me" and sought a refund. I mean really what can Corsair possibly say or do?
Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 09-21-2020, 08:56 PM
KILLER_K KILLER_K is offline
Registered User
KILLER_K's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 233
POST ID # = 1062278
KILLER_K Reputation: 10
Default

I totally understand. I just have no case and taking over a month is not something you should see from such a large company as Corsair. I removed all my items out the case and boxed it back up. As the videos, I provided were 100% clear the case was warped and as noted I even posted about it in another thread.

But as I noted I will just move to something else at this point. It isn't like they are going to do anything or actually care. I mean why wait a month to help someone that has a product that has issues or defects.

They could possibly just be super busy I suppose. But you could just reach out with a simple reply. Like saying, "Hey we are busy but wanted to let you know we are working hard to get a solution for you." Anything at this point and time. Not just let it rock on for weeks at a time and no reply.

Thank you for sharing your information with me on it as well. It looks like not many 680x case users left. Might be why there are so limited replies in the thread,


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocah View Post
I think with the 680 case they really just fudged it rather than design a proper replacement. The fact that they use a chassis that's the same as the predecessor means to me that they were doing it on the cheap.

Having said that most case chassis will distort if you even pick them up in wrong way, especially if they have lots of glass hanging off the chassis. It's usually pretty easy to push them back in to true.

Replacing panels with glass does leave a case fundamentally weaker and this may have benefited from a chassis redesign - you know, the one that didn't happen!

When all said and done, though, I do think you should have just said on day one "this is not acceptable to me" and sought a refund. I mean really what can Corsair possibly say or do?
Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 09-22-2020, 02:43 AM
usna92's Avatar
usna92 usna92 is offline
I fight for the users
usna92's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 99
POST ID # = 1062297
usna92 Reputation: 36
Default Lack of responses

It could be that people didn't respond to your thread because they haven't seen or had the same issues with their 680x that you see in yours. I bought mine on May15th. I have built a couple of different watercooled systems in it and currently it is my file server and Plex build. There are compromises in this case, like any other build, but I haven't seen widespread manufacturing issues that you mention in either of your posts. Could air flow in this case be better? Certainly, especially in the back hard drive area. I had a friend modify a side panel and and I added an intake fan to increase the cooling. I also put a noctua 90mm in the back of HDD for additional cooling. It is one of the few case in the ATX mid-sized form factor that lets me use 140mm on all sides. I am sorry you found your answers from support unhelpful, but you will get more traction inside the support context than on the forums which are generally only read by fellow users, with the occasional employee drop in. I hope you have better luck with your next case, whatever that happens to be.

-usna92
__________________
Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 09-22-2020, 08:35 AM
KILLER_K KILLER_K is offline
Registered User
KILLER_K's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 233
POST ID # = 1062310
KILLER_K Reputation: 10
Default

I'm not sure what my next case will be. I'm not telling people to pitchfork and burn Corsair to the ground. I just got a bad card out of the deal. And wanted to see if anyone else was having issues with technical support and any issues with their cases, different or not as well.

As noted I just wanted to share my issues and problems with them. Hopefully, they will see this and improve so others will not have these issues with support. Thanks for sharing your information.




Quote:
Originally Posted by usna92 View Post
It could be that people didn't respond to your thread because they haven't seen or had the same issues with their 680x that you see in yours. I bought mine on May15th. I have built a couple of different watercooled systems in it and currently it is my file server and Plex build. There are compromises in this case, like any other build, but I haven't seen widespread manufacturing issues that you mention in either of your posts. Could air flow in this case be better? Certainly, especially in the back hard drive area. I had a friend modify a side panel and and I added an intake fan to increase the cooling. I also put a noctua 90mm in the back of HDD for additional cooling. It is one of the few case in the ATX mid-sized form factor that lets me use 140mm on all sides. I am sorry you found your answers from support unhelpful, but you will get more traction inside the support context than on the forums which are generally only read by fellow users, with the occasional employee drop in. I hope you have better luck with your next case, whatever that happens to be.

-usna92
Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 09-29-2020, 01:02 AM
KILLER_K KILLER_K is offline
Registered User
KILLER_K's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 233
POST ID # = 1063271
KILLER_K Reputation: 10
Default

A small update.

Quote:
Our apologies for the delayed response. Considering the nature of the issue, I'll have to re-escalate this ticket again to our higher management to see if we can have the case replaced. Please bear with us for now while we wait for a feedback from them on this ticket.

Thank you for choosing Corsair.
It has been right at 3 months now to get this issue resolved. I still have a broken K95 Platinum as well. It is just too much of a hassle to get these items RMA'd or fixed now. Corsair has dropped the ball this year for me.
I know some of you are die-hard Corsair fans. And they can do no wrong for you. I am happy for you and congratulations to you as well. My side of the fence has been a nightmare for 2 RMA's and one I just had to stop responding it got so bad with random responses. Well actually both now at this point.

Corsair please read this. Let one person stay with the RMA until the end. Stop letting 4 or 5 people get in on a submitted ticket and get bounced around between all those people.
Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 09-29-2020, 01:51 AM
Dingo89's Avatar
Dingo89 Dingo89 is offline
Rides Kangaroo to work
Dingo89's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 46
POST ID # = 1063275
Dingo89 Reputation: 17
Default

If you had these issues shortly after purchasing, it's on you to take it back to the place of purchase. Every message is in bold text and quite easily comes across as shouting (as much as text on a screen can do).

Have you actually continued contact with support? Or have you stayed quiet yourself and not followed up after they've said they will escalate? I get you've had a bit of a rough run, which sucks don't get me wrong. But these guys would be dealing with a lot of other people at the same time. The occasional friendly poke to ask "hey guys, what's the latest on this? Is the escalation progressing?" certainly wouldn't hurt.

I personally deal with hundreds, if not thousands of hardware parts each year. On the very rare occasion I've had to contact support, it's usually been no longer than a week of back and forth contact regarding troubleshooting/etc, then a resolution being discovered or offered. (Certainly a lot better than another particular brand starting with 'C' out there that I had the pain of dealing with a couple of times recently. That was like pulling teeth for 3 months).

I'd suggest a polite poke to find out where things are at. Considering most people are stuck at home these days, things are likely to be busy for a company like this.
__________________
Fanboi Mode ON: 800D, AIR240, 280X, H100i, H115i RGB Platinum, 3 x HX750i, Dark Core RGB SE, MM1000, More kits of RAM than you can poke a stick at, More fans than The Beatles.
Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 09-29-2020, 02:20 AM
KILLER_K KILLER_K is offline
Registered User
KILLER_K's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 233
POST ID # = 1063277
KILLER_K Reputation: 10
Default

Yes, if you read my last reply it states a small update. That means they finally replied back. Secondly, the case came straight from Corsair, to begin with. Third, I have asked multiple times for an update. And this was the last reply back I have received. That is why I updated the thread with the information that I received.

We are all busy. I work 13 hours a day and I still get other things after work done that needs to be taken care of. That is life no other way to explain it. That is no excuse. If they are unstaffed like you think they are. Then they should hire more people. It is as simple as that.

They probably are busy as they have been flooded with numerous issues from a large number of hardware items from their lineup. My point is when you get two videos that show 100% what the issue is and they don't correct it then there is an issue right there. Things can always be done better. The problem is that person and business has to step up and acknowledge there is an issue to start with in order to fix it. No one should have to wait months to get a defective item replaced and moving their different levels of support to get it resolved.

Like I mentioned before. I know most of you here love corsair and hate to see a post like this posted. It doesn't matter if it is good or bad feedback. It needs to be posted so they can fix it so it doesn't happen again.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo89 View Post
If you had these issues shortly after purchasing, it's on you to take it back to the place of purchase. Every message is in bold text and quite easily comes across as shouting (as much as text on a screen can do).

Have you actually continued contact with support? Or have you stayed quiet yourself and not followed up after they've said they will escalate? I get you've had a bit of a rough run, which sucks don't get me wrong. But these guys would be dealing with a lot of other people at the same time. The occasional friendly poke to ask "hey guys, what's the latest on this? Is the escalation progressing?" certainly wouldn't hurt.

I personally deal with hundreds, if not thousands of hardware parts each year. On the very rare occasion I've had to contact support, it's usually been no longer than a week of back and forth contact regarding troubleshooting/etc, then a resolution being discovered or offered. (Certainly a lot better than another particular brand starting with 'C' out there that I had the pain of dealing with a couple of times recently. That was like pulling teeth for 3 months).

I'd suggest a polite poke to find out where things are at. Considering most people are stuck at home these days, things are likely to be busy for a company like this.
Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 10-25-2020, 03:58 AM
ComplexDrive ComplexDrive is offline
Registered User
ComplexDrive's PC Specs
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 9
POST ID # = 1066826
ComplexDrive Reputation: 15
Default

Just wanted to add that I'm also experiencing QC issues with my case, before reading this thread I thought that it was an issue with my table but my 680x does teeter on the table unless I put a shim under it.

My biggest issue so far is that the PCIE slot screw holes do not align with the GPU holes. Multiple other posts I've seen have the same issue with this case. It means I need to add force to the back of the case in order to get the screws to line up, which puts unneeded pressure on my GPU / MOBO.

I tried to go the RMA route but they take at least 1 week for a response, so I'm not going to waste my time with an RMA. I've already purchased a brand new one from Newegg to see if it has the same issues. If not, I'm going to transfer my build into the new case. If yes, simply I'll return it to them. I personally would never buy anything directly from corsair, they aren't an experienced retailer when it comes to direct sales as evidenced by their poor customer support / RMA turnaround.
Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.