Corsair Community

Weird RAM issue.

drake111000

Hello!

I've been dealing with this issue regarding my RAM modules for quite some time now. My specs are these:

Asrock B450 Prime Steel Legend

Ryzen 5 2600

Corsair Vengeance DDR4 LPX 2x8gb 3200MHz

I have both sticks in their respective slots for a dual channel setup (A2/B2), and I'm trying to make them run that way. The problem is that my motherboard directly doesn't recognize my sticks as if they ran @3200MHz, in the UEFI setup they just show up as 2133MHz.

I tried enabling the XMP profile and manually setting the frequency + voltage, and seeing if only 1 module could run @ advertised speed, but no luck so far. I am yet to update BIOS + clear CMOS. But for now, could this be that the motherboard is faulty and doesn't direct enough energy to the modules, so they don't work at full speed?

Hello!

I've been dealing with this issue regarding my RAM modules for quite some time now. My specs are these:

Asrock B450 Prime Steel Legend

Ryzen 5 2600

Corsair Vengeance DDR4 LPX 2x8gb 3200MHz

I have both sticks in their respective slots for a dual channel setup (A2/B2), and I'm trying to make them run that way. The problem is that my motherboard directly doesn't recognize my sticks as if they ran @3200MHz, in the UEFI setup they just show up as 2133MHz.

I tried enabling the XMP profile and manually setting the frequency + voltage, and seeing if only 1 module could run @ advertised speed, but no luck so far. I am yet to update BIOS + clear CMOS. But for now, could this be that the motherboard is faulty and doesn't direct enough energy to the modules, so they don't work at full speed?

DDR4-2933 is the CPU spec for Ryzen 5 2600 however depending on the combination of motherboard-cpu-ram you may be able to go higher. Using the XMP profile doesn't always work on Ryzen, in that case set voltage, frequency, and timings manually. (don't set the XMP profile option)

I have a R5 2600 as well and it can do DDR4-3200 on asrock b450m pro4 although my model ram was CMK16GX4M2A2400C16 with 1 kit, DDR4-2933 with two kits. (skhynix)

Your going to want to get the SPD chip info from your ram and use Ryzen DRAM Calculator to help guide you to the settings that might work. The version number on your ram kit may also clue you in to what chips are in your ram kit (samsung, skhynix, or micron)

https://www.techpowerup.com/download...am-calculator/

Use a BIOS with at least AGESA PinnaclePI-AM4 1.0.0.6 for Zen+ but AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 Patch B would be better. (please see any instructions for BIOS from ASRock website) I don't recommend higher than AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 because I found (at least in my x470) ASRock removed some memory options in higher versions so beware you may have different results!

Reset BIOS defaults before flashing. (some would recommend clear CMOS too after flash) and never use a previously saved profile from prior BIOS version.

On my ASRock b450 and x470 setting the SOC voltage a bit below or up to 1.1v (not the chipset voltage) helps achieve the overclock.