Corsair Community

Normal operation

Psycrow

Hi

I just installed link last day with my 6 corsair hd 120 fans

and today i see this green note in link that says Restore Normal Operation and when i press it then it disapears few seconds and comes back again and nothing happend...also my system is fine..nothing is overheated or broken..so why does this "warninG" suddenly appears..does it mean anything ?

• 7 months later...

It can be set up in 'Notifications' to trigger warnings. have you played with any of those settings?

check in cpu temps along with fans/pumps/mother board temps/gfx/psu etc, every item is clickable and they all have options for warnings.. all off by default.

Found in the configure tabs on all the above items.. click the item and then the notifications tab..

Edited by Zotty

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm having the same problem! Version 4.9.6.16

I know what triggers my 'not normal' operation, I want all my fans to go on 100% when my gpu hits 75/80 degrees to flush my case as it were.

So I set that to happen but once it's triggered they then stay on 100% even if my gpu goes back to idle temps until i manually press 'restore normal operation'.

I've played and played and cant get it to auto restore.

Has anyone found a fix?

Guys I have the same problem I just posted it about it in the latest CL SW thread, wish I saw this one but glad I'm not alone!

Basically what's happening is Corsair Link is detecting a temperature spike on the "CPU" parameter (not the core temps but total CPU temp). If you click on CPU temp on the main screen you can see max temp for me is 200+C! Obviously that's not a true reading but some sort of glitch that's triggering the alert. Other monitoring software such as HWinfo, EVGA OCX, and MSI Afterburner don't pick this up so it looks to be a problem with Link.

For now, just disable the notifications for "CPU" temp on the main screen. Uncheck the box for "Max Value" and "set all fans to 100%" to just disable it. This way when it picks up the spike it won't trigger anything. You can still leave the alerts set on the individual core temps just make sure that's not where you're seeing the spike. For me it's only on the CPU temp. Hope this helps and hope Corsair is aware and has a fix incoming soon.

Edited by TMoney

• 2 years later...

hi, use this batch file.

the batch file will wait 30min., close CorsairLink4 and reopen it.

@echo off
REM wait 30 Minutes after Corsair Alarm
echo "CORSAIR ALARM ACTIVE"
timeout /T 1800 

taskkill /F /IM CorsairLink4.exe
taskkill /F /IM CorsairLink4.Service.exe

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\CorsairLink4.exe"

EXIT 0