Corsair Community

RMA # R220223, Case # 56262 Status

KaidynsDad

• 2 months later...

Ramguy,

I just got back into the country, this was my first opportunity to test the new modules that Corsair sent out to replace the DOA modules that I sent in to the RMA department. I have a problem with the RMA modules that you guys sent back to me, one of the modules is DEFECTIVE! I've emailed Hussain and received no response on this matter so I thought I would see if you can shake things up a bit for me on your end.

I can't even get it to start memtest86 without freezing when used in dual channel with the second module or when used in single channel alone. The second module in the set works without problems on this motherboard when run alone. I've tried the defective module in numerous DIMM slots to ensure that I didn't have a bad slot. I've also tried it on a second motherboard, with the same results, hard lockup.

Do I need to fill out another RMA to send these RMA replacement modules back?

Thank You,

KD

Ramguy,

I'm wondering if you can make a call and see if you can find out what the status of my RMA. The defective modules arrived @ Corsairs RMA department yesterday morning, signed for by Garcia. I had the package ATTN: Hussain K. as instructed. I've emailed and called Hussain this morning for some reason I can't get ahold of him. I explained that this is time sensitive as I have a machine that is down waiting on these replacement modules. Hussain assured me that the new modules would be overnighted too me as soon as he received the defective modules.

The new RMA number is 1000038. Below is the link from UPS showing the delivery yesterday morning.

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?HTMLVersion=5.0&loc=en_US&Requester=UPSHome&tracknum=1Z0022T61299083420&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes&ignore=&track.x=29&track.y=10

Thanks,

KD

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rma@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

But I will send a message to them for you and ask them to contact you ASAP.

Ramguy,

I am sorry to hear that you can no longer help with these RMA issues. The only person we could get a straight answer from was you and now we can't even get that. The below message is not aimed @ you Ramguy but your RMA Dept.

I left numerous messages via the phone and sent 4 different emails to Hussain's email address today trying too find out the status of my replacements. I have been more than patient. I even went through the trouble of labeling the bad module that I returned so that they could replicate the errors without having too test both modules. Now I'm starting to get a bit pissed off, first of all they send me a defective set of XMS to replace a defective set. Did they not test the replacement set before they shipped them out??? Then give me the run around. CLASS ACT!

Please forward this to your RMA Supervisor. I won't hold my breath any longer. I assure you by tomorrow afternoon if I don't hear something from the RMA Department I will blast this message far and wide from XS, [H], ANA, OC-UK and every other enthusiast board I frequent. First the dominator scandal, now customer service/RMA go in the crapper. Also for future reference tell Mr. Hussain Karmally don't promise someone to personally handle their issues if he has no intentions of doing so. This tends to aggravate people a great deal.

I never thought I'd say this, but based on this experience, I will no longer purchase Corsair modules for my personal rigs or the rigs I build. I know that won't mean much to Corsair as I've only purchased 25 sets of XMS-C4 & XMS-D's in the last 7 months, but hey I'm sure OCZ or Crucial will take that market share without complaining to loudly.

• Corsair Employee

First off I am sorry about these problems, and I do understand and so does our president, in fact he has instructed us to address these issues ASAP.

Second we just changed our accounting system to address some problems we have been seeing over the past few months. As well as allow us to have better accounting of our invoice process. However, this is a major change in our internal process and the change has caused several delays. So I do apologize for the inconvenience and I will do my best to get these issues resolved ASAP.

First off I am sorry about these problems, and I do understand and so does our president, in fact he has instructed us to address these issues ASAP.

Second we just changed our accounting system to address some problems we have been seeing over the past few months. As well as allow us to have better accounting of our invoice process. However, this is a major change in our internal process and the change has caused several delays. So I do apologize for the inconvenience and I will do my best to get these issues resolved ASAP.

It's good too know somebody still gives a chit about their company. It's becoming pretty obvious that RMA has one agenda, shoot the chit, pass the buck, and get a receipt. Hit me with an email if you get anywhere on this please. I'm leaving the country again on Monday morning and I would really like this resolved before I leave for China.

Thanks,

KD

• Corsair Employee
We are working on the problems and doing the best we can to resolve them ASAP and I have sent a message to our Customer Service Manager and asked them to get your case resolved ASAP. They should contact you today, if you don't hear from us in the next few hours please let me know!

We are working on the problems and doing the best we can to resolve them ASAP and I have sent a message to our Customer Service Manager and asked them to get your case resolved ASAP. They should contact you today, if you don't hear from us in the next few hours please let me know!

Ramguy,

I don't know who's cage you rattled this morning, but, it apparently got their attention. I received a call a bit ago and was assured I would receive my tracking number by business end today with the overnight delivery that Hussain initially guaranteed. I will let you know how this works out.

THANKS!

Ramguy,

Please ask one of the "customer service supervisors" too call and lie to me again this afternoon. I'm feeling a bit left out today. I've sent 3 more emails and made 2 more calls all have gone unanswered. The least they could do is call and tell me it will ship again today. Dangle that carrot in front of the rabbit and keep me in the chase.

This is almost becoming fun.

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry it looks that way but I assure you they are not, I have asked them to make sure they tell you and any customer straight. But in their defense they are doing what they tell you they will do, just there is some other issue preventing the shipments. I have asked them to contact you with an update ASAP.

Ramguy,

Just a quick update. It looks as though Hussain finally figured out where the reply button was on his email. :p: Out of nowhere this morning comes an email from Mr. K, stating and I quote "I apologize for the run around I finally was able to schedule a shipping date of today to ship out the replacements to you. You should receive them in the next 24 hours since I have scheduled it for next day air. Please let me know if you have any further requests."

Wonder if he looked @ the calender and saw today was Friday so he wasted the overnight delivery unless he selected Saturday delivery. ;) If the replacements show up tomorrow I will take back every cross thing I've said about HK... Not.

Anyway here's to hoping this is not yet another empty promise.

Keep on em Ramguy, sooner or later they will get it right! As always thanks for the assist here I know your plate is huge already. Here's to hoping others don't keep adding too it!

Archived