Corsair Community

Warranty SLOW

I had one bad stick of Corsair Dominator PC2-8500, I sent it in two weeks ago and I am still waiting on the replacments. It looks to me that a lot of the PC2-8500 memory just does not work and Corsair cannot keep it in stock. Lady told me last Thursday I would have the RAM Monday or Tuesday of this week, but she lied to me.

I will never buy Corsair again! They just cannot do what they say they will.

If I had not sent in the mail-in rebates, I would return this ram and buy a different brand. I spent double on this ram for the performance, but so far it has been nothing but trouble.

Instead of waiting for who knows how long, can I get cash instead?

I don't have my money and I don't have my RAM. THIS SUCKS!

:evil::evil::evil: That's odd isn't it? I had my Twin 8000UL sticks RMA'd fast as lightning (5 business days from the day I sent them out.), but when my Twin2048 8500C5 decided to bite the bullet, I end up sitting around for three weeks wondering where the kinks in the system are. I am still waiting for my pair of 8500's to return to... So I am stuck on 1gb of ram (512 x 2) and having very bad load latency in my games. I haven't been able to play them for as long as my memory was found dead.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, if they do not have the modules to ship out to you, there is not much we can do.

Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF I RETURN A PART UNDER THIS WARRANTY?

A: The part you return will be tested upon receipt at Corsair. If the part is a good part according to Corsair’s test, it may be shipped back to you, or it may be replaced with an equivalent part. If the part fails Corsair’s test, it will be replaced by an equivalent (or better) part that passes the test.

I'm currently facing this problem. I paid 300+ bucks for this memory. I'd like anything better in-stock seeing as how the equivalent is out of stock and the TWIN2X2048-8500C5 is looking more and more like a defective product judging by the amount posts on this fourm about the 8500 ram.

I'd like anything better in-stock seeing as how the equivalent is out of stock and the TWIN2X2048-8500C5 is looking more and more like a defective product judging by the amount posts on this fourm about the 8500 ram.
Check their part list. I don't see anything better. Assuming this is correct, there's nothing they can replace them with except with what you have. It's not a defective product, you're just seeing only RMA posts here, which is normal for an RMA forum.

I am still waiting for a replacement USB 8Gb Stick, which Corsair received on the 7 January. This is really annoying and not the three day turn around promised!

Guys, no one on the forums can do anything except answer tech questions and diagnose hardware. For customer service related questions about RMA replacements, do what Ram Guy said:

Please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com, and ask them if there are any other options available to you to speed up the RMA!

No problemo. Corsair will be open on Monday / Tuesday (not sure if they're closed tomorrow for MLK day or not) and will respond, but chances are RG will just say call in, because he has nothing to do with the actual RMA process, just approves them.

• 2 weeks later...

It took 30 days for corsair to finally ship my ran, but it was shipped UPS 3 day. I wish corsair had overnighted my RAM. Now I just hope the 2 new sticks work with the 2 old sticks.

What really sucks is I already had to buy more ram because I didn't know if corsair was ever going to step up and get the RMA done.

So 36 days from the time I shipped my RAM to corsair & get it back, that is to slow!

You have ram, that say only 1 in 1000 chips can clock to! Thats why its expensive and also the slow rma. They dont have thousands of that speed ram laying around, nor do the competition-so high speed ram sent in for rma with them would be slow too! This is a factor with any ram on the edge of what these mem chips can do. If rma speed is problem, you should have bought more commen ram. I understand your upset about the rma time, but it took 6 weeks for Seagate to RMA my hdd, and then that one died 1 week later. $60 total shipping now in that crappy 200gb drive. And that drive they have plenty of!

If this was pc6400 youd have a very good reason to be mad. But since its very rare ram, what can corsair do except send it when they have some. Dont forget others sent in for RMA before you, so you were also inline waiting.

It took 30 days for corsair to finally ship my ran, but it was shipped UPS 3 day. I wish corsair had overnighted my RAM. Now I just hope the 2 new sticks work with the 2 old sticks.

What really sucks is I already had to buy more ram because I didn't know if corsair was ever going to step up and get the RMA done.

So 36 days from the time I shipped my RAM to corsair & get it back, that is to slow!

Corsair received mine one day after yours lol (Also PC2 8500). Unfortunately, mine still aren't shipped out yet. I've gotten used to stealing my sister's laptop for mundane tasks. I still miss my games though...

Well the 2 new sticks of ram came today and they are different version than my other 2.

I have CM2X1024-8500C5D:

(2) 2.20V ver 3.1 sticks &

(2) 2.15V ver 2.3 sticks

I installed all four and ran memtest and got errors.

Am I going to have to RMA all 4 sticks to get them all to run?

Or just sell them on the support forums and be done with corsair and use ram I bought while waiting on the RMA?

Near the end of test 5 on memtest. I get this same error with other memory when I overclock it to much. I think that the version 2.3 & 3.1 do not work together and/or this memory just cannot run at the speeds it is being advertised to run.

Abit IP35 PRO

Q6600 G0 (Lapped) (9x356=3200MHz)

Corsair Dominator PC2 8500 4GB (4x1GB) set to 2.20volts

(2) 2.20V ver 3.1 sticks &

(2) 2.15V ver 2.3 sticks

EVGA 8800 Ultra

Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10,000RPM

Thermaltake 850W PSU

Vista 64-bit Ultimate

• Corsair Employee

To make sure there is not a faulty module I would recommend testing the pairs each individually (2 at a time) at their tested settings.

We would never guarantee that modules will run at their advertised speeds when using 2 different sets and populating all four slots on the motherboard. We can't guarantee this due to limitations on different motherboards/CPUs, and in many cases you will need to overclock the motherboard in order to get 4 modules to run at 1066MHz. One way to do this would be to increase Northbridge chipset voltage to 1.4-1.5v, but you would need to do this at your own risk. Also, try setting the tRC setting in the advanced memory settings to 28.

Archived