Corsair Community

Has the K95 Platinum a new LED controller?

Sephe

And by "a new" i mean one thats new with the k95 platinum, not the one used in strafe rgb and k70 rapidfire. As many threads here are about the flicker issue (Not the 512 vs 16,7m flicker) in those, id be really glad if someone knows if the k95 got an update that prevents it.

Thats not caused by Cameras, thats caused by your eye (more like, most peoples eyes). Many people simply dont notice it. However, this isnt about a PWM flicker with <50 hz, its about random keys lighting up for a quick moment... which is quite annoying. Some guys filmed it, just look into the other threads. :)

The flicker on the new keyboards is caused by USB packet loss. It might only be affecting certain USB chip sets and maybe not everyones eyes can notice it.

Static color schemes are now downloaded to the keyboard on the platinum, but animations are still being run by CUE, which means the USB packet losses will still cause the flicker.

Im wondering why that only affects Corsairs RGB boards though. However, when i checked logs there wasnt really a package loss appearent - maybe just looking for the wrong statement there - however, i noticed it in some reviews as i said, but i guess many people dont (Till i got the board, saw it live and searched in the video for it, i didnt saw it either). Mhhh

CUE is quite mighty in how it lets you program animations, but yes, others can do it too. Logitechs LED controller sucks and cant really do values under 50 (rgb), but complex stuff isnt a issue. Razer also has a site for sharing profiles, like corsair, however doing complex stuff is quite hard there.

But i dont want to do commercials for others - i love the corsair boards and really dislike that i cant really use it, because the flicker driving me nuts when doing anything containing animations. Im Currently thinking about getting an non rgb rapidfire just because of that.

Archived