Corsair Community

steverulz

I have had this AIO cooler for about a year now and never had any problems with it until today. I fired up Corsair Link and wanted to put it from Quiet to Performance on the pump settings for ****s and giggles.

Heard water slushing around the pipes and suddenly a lot of my other fans turn up and I see my CPU temps rising while only having Corsair Link open! I'm talking 90+C at this point.

I then decide to shut it down for a reboot. Shows me a Bios error about pressing ALT+L to revert to last known good set up (had not powered down for a while and was running stable with 70 ish load temps).

I get up to 80C while fiddling around in the BIOS and turn it off.

I finally get into Windows and the CPU temps ramp up to 110C and Corsair Link is showing 50+C in the liquid and steadily rising.

I have had no luck in fixing this problem for the past couple of hours. Even cleared CMOS for good measure.

Computer is now off for the time being.

Anybody know of a solution or have come across this problem? Is it blockage? Seems odd that the temps would suddenly spike when the only thing I did was switch it from Quiet to Performance.. if anything i would expect the temps to go down and not up.

Any help is appreciated

On another pump, checking the fan header would be a step ... but that one is SATA powered so that's not it.

Which leaves us with a blockage or pump failure; which one doesn't really matter at this point as the resolution is the same; you need to open a support ticket.

It does seem odd that kicking up the pump would cause this. But the extra flow may have been enough to knock something loose ... that probably would have been knocked loose eventually.

I would definitely leave the computer off until you get a replacement. If you are in a pinch, Corsair does have an express RMA service ... or you can get a air cooler to keep as backup.

I think you are probably looking at some type of circuit failure in the pump rather than a physical obstruction. Unfortunately, it sometimes goes like that and I had a non-Corsair pump do the same thing to me a few months ago. Use the Support Ticket System to contact Corsair and start the RMA.

It's weird though because when I got back on my computer and booted up Corsair Link, I could still see the AIO fan speed and pump speed and change the fan speed and pump Rom and it would show up on the graph that it ramped up from 1500 rpm to 6000 rpm.

Since the top pump speed is 3000, that is troubling as well. Your BIOS or other hardware monitoring programs might show crazy cpu fan speeds, but if Link shows 6000 it seems mechanical rather than electrical. You don’t have to work out the difference. Start the support ticket.

Archived